Details on the New Burien Library
Details on the new Burien Library from KCLS.org:
Planning for the new 32,000 square foot Burien Library is well underway. The $18 million library is planned in conjunction with the construction of a new Burien City Hall, at Burien Town Center. The joint development allows the entities to share costs of construction, taxes and consultant fees.
The new library will include more materials, computers, space for children and teens and community meeting space, some of which will be shared with the city.
- Project Status: In progress
- Expected Completion Date: Early 2009
- New Library Address: The corner of Fourth Avenue Southwest and 152nd Street
- Contractor: BNBuilders, Inc.
- Architect: Ruffcorn Mott Hinthorne Stine
- Service: The current library will remain open until construction of the new library is complete.
Most Recent Update:
Project architects and engineers continue to develop construction documents and specifications. KCLS and City of Burien staff are developing the final interior plans, which entails selecting appropriate furnishings. Final plans for public artwork are also under consideration.