Welcome Our Latest Advertiser: Vino Bello!
The B-Town Blog is proud to raise a glass to its latest Advertiser, Vino Bello!
You’ve probably seen us list their unique Saturday Wine Tasting Events often, and that’s only because we think they’re great folks with a fantastic business (not to mention a huge selection of outstanding wines).
On July 4th, 2006, Vino Bello â€“ Italian for beautiful wine â€“ opened downtown at 636 SW 152nd Street, making it Burienâ€™s premier wine shop & wine bar.
Featuring an extensive wine-by-the-glass menu and retail selection from around the world, Vino Bello offers something for everyone.
Meet your neighbors at the Saturday wine tasting events that often showcase winemakers from our own backyard â€“ little known, boutique wineries from Walla Walla, Yakima Valley, Chelan County and the Willamette Valley in OR.
And this Thursday night (April 24th), don’t miss a special Beijo Bag & Accessory Party, starting at 5pm. It’s always a great “girls night out” when Diane brings the latest Beijo fashions to Vino Bello.
Saturday tastings start at Noon and go to 8pm; live music starts at 5pm, featuring jazz, blues and folk music.
Be sure to come by Vino Bello this Saturday, April 26th, from Noon – 8pm for wine tastings of Ash Hollow Vineyard, which is located just within the western edge of the Walla Walla Valley appellation just south of Highway 12. Having the same 46Âº N latitude as Bordeaux, it has become as an exceptional source for Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, and Syrah grapes. Because of its northern latitude, Ash Hollow Vineyard enjoys up to two hours more summer sunlight than other wine growing regions. The longer days allow the grapes to fully ripen, and the cool nights provide a higher natural acidity. The vineyard also offers dramatic views of the Walla Walla Valley and Blue Mountains.
Saturday’s Tasting Lineup:
- 2007 Dry Gewurztraminer: This wonderful dry Gewurztraminer, 100% stainless steel produced, has intense tropical fruit & spicy lemon zest aromatics. Golden lemonade in color, terrific legs, great body, layers of fantastic tropical fruits with just the right amount of spice.
- 2007 Sauvignon Blanc: Crisp & clean, light & refreshing; the 2007 Sauvignon Blanc waits to share its zesty citric, lush tropical fruits & dried pineapple aromas with you. Hints of starfruit, cut grass, and a complex minerality develop into a somehow lean yet rich, long finish.
- 2007 Somanna: Somanna, their premier white wine, is a 50/50 blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris which exhibits lovely notes of pear, passion fruit, and pineapple, followed by the subtleness of cut green grass and lemon zest. Unique, Boutique, Crisp & Clean; Enjoy!
- 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon: This wonderful wine is what the Ash Hollow Estate Vineyards are all about; classic â€œOld Worldâ€ style Cabernet Sauvignon! The dark red color teases of the richness to come; aristocratic layers of complexity & a fantastic finish.
- 2006 Syrah, Walla Walla Valley Estate: The Ash Hollow Estate Syrah is â€œOld Worldâ€ in style with a little â€œNew Worldâ€ attitude. Blackberries, blueberry pie, dark chocolate & cigar box; seamless power & elegance. Get ready to love this 2006 vintage! Wow!
Vino Bello offers a unique experience for the local wine-lover with an intimate and relaxing setting, a selection of eclectic beers from around the world, triple-cert Tonyâ€™s coffee and espresso and fresh antipasto plates and artisan cheese flights.
Available for private party reservations and charity events, check the Vino Bello website today for upcoming events and be sure to join the mailing list.
Whether youâ€™re looking for a quiet place to socialize or need that perfect bottle of wine for that special dinner or gift – Vino Bello can help you!
So, please raise a glass and toast our newest Advertiser Vino Bello!