Report & Photos From Highline High Movie Set
The film is sponsored by the City of Burien, 4culture, the City of Federal Way, and many others, and has been fully approved by the Highline School District as well as Highline High School.
On set, we saw:
- Several scenes being shot (and re-shot)
- Numerous extras in wild costumes from various high schools in the area
- Actual teachers and staff
- A few real, paid actors and actresses
- And in what is sure to be a massive career change, even Highline Schools Superintendent John Welch as a high school principal gone nutty:
All under the supervision of local Writer/Director Steve Edmiston, who’s doing a heckuva job.
If you’ve ever been on an active movie set, you know that the combined collaborative creativity makes it one of the most enjoyable “jobs” in the world. Being a show biz vet ourselves, we appreciate what it takes to get to the point that Steve and Co. are at this weekend â€“ hours and hours of writing, re-writing, pre-production, fundraising, phone calls, meetings, making deals with School Superintendents, Teachers, managers, staff, students, hiring an entire film crew, getting props, costumes and more, as well as unpredictable variables like whether the weather will cooperate or not (BTW, today’s light overcast is ideal for film lighting so here’s one reason to hope the sun does not come out today).
Below are some photos we took as we silently lurked during actual production:
You can still help support this film by buying t-shirts and other swag here!