Fire Victim Fundraiser Sunday At Bison Creek
Quick update on progress of the new B-Good In B-Town movement for this holiday weekend:Â
- This Sunday, July 6th, from 5pm-9pm at Bison Creek Pizza located at 630 SW 153rd Street (206-244-8825): Sickamore, Jonn Rockwell, Skwish & the Mighty Return of Horsehedd will be playing at an outdoor all-ages bash; small household items, clothing and cash donations will be collected at this event.
- Wednesday July 16th, from 6pm on, at Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub located at 435 SW 152nd Street â€“ a special Silent and Live Auction fundraiser for the families with live music and much more. If you have items to donate to either auction â€“ contact Patty Sader at Discover Burien 206-433-2882.
- You can make cash donations at any Sterling Savings Bank branch by specifying the “Burien Fire Fund.” NOTE: If you want to donate to a specific family, be sure to let the teller know the name of the family. Sterling Savings is located at 224 SW 152nd Street in downtown Burien; phone is (206) 243-6869 (contact: Lynda).
- We’ve also heard that Washington Mutual is accepting cash donations for specific families. More details to come as we learn them, but we’re sure that if you drop into any branch, the kind folks at WaMu will have answers.
- You can also donate to the Seattle Red Cross’ “Burien Apartment Fire Fund.” Make sure “Burien Apartment Fire Fund” is selected in the pull-down menu when you donate.
CLOTHING & SMALL HOUSEHOLD ITEMS:
You can drop off any clothing or small household items at the following (we suggest calling first):
- Collins Chiropractic at 619 SW 152nd Street; 206-242-0998, contact: Lindsay
- Sterling Savings Bank at 224 SW 152nd Street; 206-243-6869, contact Lynda
- As of Thursday, July 10th, larger furniture items can be dropped off at Sunnydale School in Burien, located at 15631 Des Moines Memorial Drive. If you have a larger item, please call either Erin or Lindsay at Collins Chiropractic (206-242-0998), or Lynda at Sterling Savings (206-243-6869) to make arrangements for pick up of the item(s) if the person has no way to deliver the item to Sunnydale.
We here at the B-Town Blog want to send some serious shout-outs to all those who have stepped up and helped so far.
We also encourage everyone reading this, be they local business owners or regular citizens in Burien or Bellingham, to find a way to help out, so please email us if you have any offerings or services you’d like to donate, either immediately or for the upcoming July 16th Auction Fundraiser at Mick Kelly’s.
In other words, let’s B-Good In B-Town!
More info as it comes in…so stay tuned.