How You Can Help Fire Victims, Phase 2
The wagons are circled, and what we’re christening as the B-Good In B-Town movement has begun, with several new fundraisers schedule and folks accepting donations to help the victims of last weekend’s tragic, fatal fire.Here’s how you can help right now:
- CASH DONATIONS:
- You can now make a cash donation at any Sterling Savings Bank branch by specifying the “Burien Fire Fund.” NOTE: If you want to donate to a specific family, be sure to let the teller know the name of the family. Sterling Savings is located at 224 SW 152nd Street in downtown Burien; phone is (206) 243-6869 (Lynda).
- You can also donate to the Seattle Red Cross’ “Burien Apartment Fire Fund.” Make sure “Burien Apartment Fire Fund” is selected in the pull-down menu when you donate.
- CLOTHING & SMALL HOUSEHOLD ITEMS:
- LARGER ITEMS:
- As of Thursday, July 10th, larger furniture items can be dropped off at Sunnydale School in Burien, located at 15631 Des Moines Memorial Drive. If you have a larger item, please call either Erin or Lindsay at Collins Chiropractic (206-242-0998), or Lynda at Sterling Savings (206-243-6869) to make arrangements for pick up of the item(s) if the person has no way to deliver the item to Sunnydale.
- This coming Sunday July 6th, from 5pm-9pm at Bison Creek Pizza located at 630 SW 153rd Street (206-244-8825) â€“ Sickamore, Jonn Rockwell, Skwish & the Mighty Return of Horsehedd will be playing at an outdoor all-ages bash; small household items, clothing and cash donations will be collected at this event.
- Wednesday July 16th, from 6pm on, at Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub located at 435 SW 152nd Street â€“ a special Silent and Live Auction fundraiser for the families with live music and much more.Â If you have items to donate to either auction â€“ contact Patty Sader at Discover Burien 206-433-2882.