Bison Creek Fundraiser Brings In $5,000
Bison Creek Fundraiser was a success!
We raised roughly $5,000, loaded 7 pickup trucks and two paramedic vehicles.
Lt. Will and his crew at Fire District #2 were a great help with accepting donations â€“ I could not have done it without them.
KIRO, KOMO, KING and Q13 broadcast info, interviews and live clips of the event, which was a big help in bringing people out to the fundraiser.
Thank you Burien for all your support â€“ you deserve a pat on the back!
The next fundraisers are:
- Monday, July 14th, July 14, 2008, from Noon to Midnight, Hillcrest Family Bowling Center in Renton will be holding a major fundraiser, with 100% of all proceeds from all-day bowling and shoe rental going to an already established fund to support these four families.
- â€œI witnessed the fire that night, and it was something that I hope I never see again,â€ says Jerry Clausen, Hillcrestâ€™s owner.Â â€œI was surrounded by despair and desperation, and there was nothing I could do to help.â€Â Well, that was the night of the fire, but after Clausen and his wife JoAnne found out that the young child that perished in the fire and members of at least 3 displaced families were classmates of their 7 and 12 year old sons. â€œ I had no choice, this is about family, and taking care of one another, there just isnâ€™t enough of that in this world today,â€ explained Clausen. â€œ We have the ability to do it, and others donâ€™t, itâ€™s just that simple.â€
- There will be four collection barrels at the center to collect clothing or other needed items for the 4 families.
- There will be live music from 6pm on featuring a live band, and a featuring a jam with some of Seattleâ€™s more popular musicians.
- There will be an opportunity for private donations as well.
- If Hillcrest gets enough cool stuff donated, they will auction off articles throughout the night.
- Wednesday July 16th, from 6pm on, at Mick Kellyâ€™s Irish Pub located at 435 SW 152nd Street â€“ a special Silent and Live Auction fundraiser for the families with live music and much more. If you have items to donate to either auction â€“ contact Patty Sader at Discover Burien 206-433-2882.