Burien Little Theatre Needs Two More Men!
Just got word from the good folks at Burien Little Theatre that they’re in need of men.
Two more men that is, for two male roles in their upcoming production of â€œThe Rocky Horror Showâ€ by Richard Oâ€™Brien with auditions Tuesday, July 22 from 7 to 10 p.m.:
- Eddie/Dr. Scott (one actor plays both roles): Baritone (Top F#) â€“ For auditions, any Meatloaf song would be fine, of course. Biker look. Age range 25-45. Playing the part of Dr. Scott will require some makeup/wig work for a younger actor.
- Rocky (and, no, you donâ€™t have to be a muscleman for this part): Tenor â€“ Unlike the movie, you donâ€™t have to be musclebound for this role; you could be, but itâ€™s not necessary. Age range 25-35.
- Synopsis:Â An outrageous musical comedy about sexual awakening and featuring a Transylvanian transvestite, a cryogenically preserved motorbiker and a version of Frankensteinâ€™s monster. This sexual parody of horror and science fiction films premiered onstage in London in 1973, becoming the popular cult classic film â€œThe Rocky Horror Picture Showâ€ in 1975.
- Performances will be at the Burien Little Theatre from Sept. 26 through Nov. 2, 2008.
- Rehearsals begin Sunday, August 10.
- Stage director is Steve Cooper and music director is Tom Prince.
- $100 stipend provided.
For auditioning, please come prepared to perform a comic monologue and 32 bars of a song (see character list for suggestions), and bring with you the written music (in your key). Accompanist will be provided. There will also be a short pitch-matching test. ANY auditioner who plays Tenor Sax (rock style) would be MOST welcome; please bring it to the auditions, and be prepared to play a few bars. Please also bring resume and headshot.
While we are not trying to re-create the movie, and may go in different directions, this play ultimately deals with overt sexuality. Everyone who auditions needs to be comfortable with this and all it entails. Any questions may be sent to the director when requesting an audition slot.
Please make an audition appointment at: [email protected] or call Burien Little Theatre at 206-242-5180.
Auditions will be at the Burien Community Center, located at the intersection of S.W. 146th St. and 4th Ave. S.W. in Burien.