Memorial Service Planned For Mark & Brian Storer
As we reported Friday, Burien Towing’s Mark Storer, 51, and his son Brian, 24, were killed in a floatplane crash near Shelton, WA.
A memorial service for both has been scheduled for this Thursday, July 31st at 11am at the Church by the Side of the Road, which is located at 3455 S 148th Street in Tukwila (map below).
According to the Burien Towing website:
- Mark and Brian took the afternoon off work to spend some time together in Markâ€™s amphibious airplane.
- The two were last seen enjoying the day on Lake Nahwatzel, before the planeâ€™s engine failed shortly after taking off. Both died in the crash.
- Mark was a dedicated father and husband. He loved his family and will be missed by many.
- Brian was married and was a father of 2 young boys, ages 2 and 1. He also loved his family very much and will be missed.
- Both Mark and Brian dedicated much of their lives to the family business. Airport Towing mourns their passing and supports the families they have left behind.
- Any gifts or cards for the families are currently being collected at the main office:
817 SW 149th Street
Burien, WA 98166
- All who knew Mark andÂ Brian are invited to attend the service.
- Prior to the ceremony, a procession will lead the family to the Church from the Airport Towing office at 817 SW 149th Street in Burien. The lead car will leave the office at 10am.
- If you would like to join the procession, please arriveÂ prior to 9:45amÂ at the Airport Towing office for staging.
- All law enforcement vehicles, fire apparatus,Â tow trucks, and motorcycles are welcome in the procession.
- For moreÂ information on the procession, fill out the ContactÂ form and Jared will respond to your inquiry.
- Following the service will be a reception at the Church. All are welcome to attend.
- A fund is currently being set up to benefit Brianâ€™s family. Brian leaves behind a wife of 3 years and two sons, ages 2 and 1. Information on the Storer Family Memorial Fund will be posted when available.
- More information is available at jaredstorer.blogspot.com