Ciscoe Morris Will Scoop Ice Cream At Highline/SeaTac Botanical Gardens Sunday Afternoon
On Sunday afternoon, Aug. 17th, the Highline – SeaTacÂ Botanical Gardens will present a special “Ice Cream Social” featuring celeb gardener Ciscoe Morris.
Apparently, Ciscoe will toss off his gardening gloves and wash his hands to serve as celebrity ice cream scooper.
From their website:
Join us in the garden on Sunday, August 17th for our annual Ice Cream Social.
This year’s Celebrity Guest Scooper will be Ciscoe Morris, who hosts “Gardening with Ciscoe” on KIRO radio and KING 5 television, and is the author of the best-selling garden tome, “Ask Ciscoe” as well as a weekly column in the Seattle PI. Ciscoe will give one of his favorite talks, “Stump the Chump: Get Environmentally Friendly Answers to Your Gardening Questions!”
The fun starts at 1:30 p.m., with Ciscoe taking center stage in the Celebration Rose Garden at around 2:30 p.m.
Other featured events include:
- “Cool Pots for Hot Spots; Drought Tolerant Containers for Summer & Fall”
- Local nurseries and designers will plant up 10 gorgeous pots donated by Aw Pottery. Sign up to vote for your favorite container and get a chance to take one of these babies home for FREE!!! Participating designers and nurseries include Clinton Bamboo Growers, Dogwood Design/Klein Art Fab, Grass Roots Home and Garden, Minter’s Earlington Greenhouse and Nursery, Village Green Perennials, Furney’s, West Seattle Nursery, Herr Backyard Garden Center, and Branches Garden Center, with more to come!
- Door Prizes Galore!!!
- Register to win 2 free ticket to the NW Flower and Garden Show, an autographed copy of Ciscoe’s book,Â or gift packages from Dan the Sausageman, the Seattle Rose Society, King County Iris Society, and the Puget Sound Daylily Club.
- Free Ice Cream cone to the first 300 guests!
- Please join us in the garden for an afternoon of the very best in gardening edu-tainment, ice cream, and of course, brussels sprouts!