Auditions For "Jacob Marley's Christmas Carol" Sept. 15-16
Burien Little Theatre has just announced that it’s holding auditions on Sept. 15th and 16th, from 7 to 10 pm, for the irreverent and moving â€œJacob Marleyâ€™s Christmas Carol,â€ by Tom Mula.
The â€œrealâ€ story behind Dickensâ€™ â€œA Christmas Carol,â€ this zany tale follows Jacob Marleyâ€™s heroic behind-the-scenes efforts to save old Scroogeâ€™s soul â€“ and redeem his own. Set in London in Dickensâ€™ time. Funny, but the stakes are high. The play is in the style of â€œstory theater,â€ which means the actors speak both dialogue and narrative, usually performing the action as they describe it.
Here’s what the good folks at BLT sent us:
We are seeking male and female actors to play multiple roles ranging in age from children to elderly characters.
Open to all ethnicities.
Please make an audition appointment by sending an email to: [email protected] or call Burien Little Theatre at (206) 242-5180.
Come to auditions prepared to perform your best comedic monologue.
Please bring headshot and resume.
Callbacks will consist of cold readings from the script.
Auditions and callbacks will be at the Burien Community Center, located at the intersection of S.W. 146th St. and 4th Ave. S.W. in Burien. For directions, go to www.burienlittletheatre.com.
CAST of CHARACTERS:
- Actor 1 â€“ Jacob Marley:Â Male.Â Middle-aged.Â Awful; a sour, proud, lonely angry old man.
- Christmas Past:Â The Artful Dodger.Â Obnoxious.
- Christmas Present:Â as in Dickens: God.
- A Boy: very young, very sad little Marley.
- Young Marley
- Actor 2 â€“ Bogle:Â A small demon.Â Funny, mean, lots of energy, enjoys its work, bitchy and powerful when needed.
- A Little Girl
- Actor 3 â€“ Scrooge:Â As bad as they say.
- Young Scrooge
- A Damned Soul
- Actor 4 â€“ Record Keeper:Â Comfortable old Rumpole type, but a little scary sometimes.
- Fezziwig:Â As in Dickens.
- A Damned Woman
- Fred:Â Scroogesâ€™ nephew.
- Cratchit:Â A low-status office clerk.
- Dick Wilkins:Â A bully.
- Marleyâ€™s father: A terrible man.
- The Shadow
Performances will be at Burien Little Theatre from Nov. 28 through Dec. 21, 2008.
Rehearsals begin Sunday, Oct. 5 with a two-week break.
Directed by Elizabeth Eller.
$100 stipend provided.