Saturday Artwalk Scenes, Take #1:Video Of Jug Busters
Saturday’s annual Artwalk (aka Arts A-Glow) was a resounding success, with a wide variety of art, artists, musicians, performers and more spread throughout downtown Burien on SW 152nd all day long.
We had a booth outside Jay Lauris Jewelry and met quite a few friendly neighbors, then managed to find time to sneak away to enjoy a few of the festivities ourselves.
Hours of video were shot, dozens of photos taken, all of which will be edited and doled out over the next several days here, so be sure to check back often.
Some of our fave moments of the day included:
- Stumbling upon an acrobat rehearsal in the parking lot of Karuna Yoga
- Writing messages on the glass to the artists living inside the storefront windows
- Seeing autistic artist Chris Stiles’ original paintings up close at Sterling Savings Bank
- Seeing children dance the night away during the first-ever BlogstockAPalooza Music Fest
- Gathering new “slogan ideas” for Burien and reading them aloud between bands at BlogstockAPalooza (which we’ll be revealing over the next several days so stay tuned…)
- Watching great local bands with distinctly different original styles
- Happening upon the Ballard Ave Jug Busters, who played good ol’ boy honkytonk music on the sidewalk outside the Continuing Education office on SW 15nd: