Hearing On Ruth Dykeman Zoning Change Sept. 23rd
We heard rumors about this all summer, and now it looks like it’s true according to the City of Burien â€“ the Ruth Dykeman Children’s Center, located on SW 152nd (with prime waterfront property on Lake Burien) is proposing to change its area zoning permit from “Special Planning Area 2” to “Moderate Density Residential Neighborhood and High Density Multi-Family Neighborhood.”
The City of Burien will be holding a public meeting about it on Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 7pm, at 15811 Ambaum Blvd. SW (Suite C) to receive public comments.
From what we understand, the owners of the Ruth Dykeman Children’s Center are looking to develop two waterfront properties with single family homes, plus two single-family homes directly behind them. To the back and left of that would be multi-family housing. Whether or not they want lake access for the multi families or for the two houses in back is still in question.
Here are the meeting details:
- Public hearing will be Tuesday, Sept. 23rd at 7pm
- Meeting will be at 15811 Ambaum Blvd. SW, Suite C (map below) to receive public comments on the application
- The Agent for Ruth Dykeman Children’s Center is R.W. Thorpe and Associates Inc., Jennifer Lee, ASLA
- Proposed Change Comprehensive Plan map designation is from Special Planning Area 2 to Moderate Density Residential Neighborhood and High Density Multi-Family Neighborhood; as well as to change the zoning designation from Special Planning Area 2 (SPA-2) to RS-7,200 and RM-18
- File is available for viewing at Burien City Hall during regular business hours
- Any person may submit written or oral comments or testimony at the public hearing, or may submit written comments prior to the hearing. Written comments may be submitted in person, via mail, e-mail or by facsimile. All documents submitted or requested as part of this application, including the City staff report are available for review at City Hall during regular business hours.
- Contact for the City of Burien:
David Johanson, AICP, Senior Planner
Department of Community Development, City of Burien
15811 Ambaum Blvd. SW (Suite C)
Burien, WA 98166
Phone: (206) 248-5522
E-Mail: [email protected]
Stay tuned to the B-Town Blog for further developments on this, including some upcoming interviews with Lake Burien-area residents opposed to the proposed zoning change.