Update On Production Of “War Of The Grandmas” Film
Lots of action on the local filmmaker front, and we just heard from Director/Proucer Frank Oliver, who we first reported as seeking funds and locations for his film “War of the Grandmas” on Aug. 24th.
Good news â€“ he’s secured funding for his film and is now auditioning!
Here’s an update from Frank:
I have secured funding for my film project and will be auditioning for cast from now until the end of September.
I will begin principal photography on the weekend of October 10 to 12. Additional scenes will be shot the following weekend of October 17 to 19.
I am encouraging all actors (union/non-union) to audition by visiting the website, reviewing the script excerpt, and sending me a headshot and resume to [email protected].
If I or Mary Huckstep see a good fit, we will schedule an initial audition by phone. Actors should be prepared to read from this script excerpt. We are looking for actors with some comedy experience.
I still need help locating some classic cars for the film. There will be no highway or racing. Most times the cars will be parked or driven down a residential street approaching a driveway.
I am looking for a:
- Classic Ford Mustang convertible or any other 50s-60s convertible
- Classic VW Beetle, preferably with a hippie flower power look
- Hummer or any Luxury 4×4 truck
- Mercedes SUV or any other high-end, luxury SUV
- Beat-up cargo van (eg, plumber/pipe fitter van)
- Ford escort (earlier model) or late 80s Chevrolet Cavalier
For more information, visit the War of the Grandmas website here.