White Center Food Bank Benefit Is Sat. Oct. 18th
In these tough and uncertain economic times, our friends at the White Center Food Bank would like to remind everyone of their upcoming Fourth Annual Harvest Dinner and Auction.
Itâ€™ll be Saturday, Oct. 18 at South Seattle Community Collegeâ€™s Brockey Center (map below).
â€œThis Harvest Dinner and Auction is more important than ever for us,â€ said Rick Jump, Executive Director of the White Center Food Bank. â€œThe economy is impacting many of our donors as well as our clients.
â€œWe have had a fifty-percent increase in the number of clients in need as compared to this time last year.â€
To reserve a ticket or table, contact Rick or his volunteer staff at the Food Bank at 206-762-2848
Master of Ceremonies for the evening will be Enrique Cerna of local public television station KCTS.
Rachel Glass will lead the live auction.
â€œI saw Rachel at a another event recently,â€ Rick said. â€œAnd she is a darn good auctioneer.â€
Who does the White Center Food Bank help, exactly? They help Human Beings: infants and girls and boys. Grandparents and moms and dads, neighbors just down the street.
- Doors open at 5:30pm, when the first of two silent auctions begin
- There will be a Dessert Dash, and dinner (choice of sirloin steak, northwest salmon or cheese ravioli, or marinara/vegetable medley) will be served at 7:30pm
- There will be great local entertainment as well: “Dances of the World” with international dancers from Mexico, Vietnam & Cambodia
- Call the Food Bank right away, please, to reserve your seat or table: 206-762-2848
- Seats are $60 each and can be held with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card
If you can’t make it to the auction, you can also easily donate directly online here.