Josh’s Top 11 Rules For A Safe & Happy Halloween
by Josh Hart
Halloween is TONIGHT(!) and you should all know tips to make your trick or treating experience a safe one.
Here are my Top 11 Rules for having a Safe & Happy Halloween:
- Children should go out only during daylight hours unless accompanied by an adult
- Plan a safe route, through â€œgoodâ€ parts of the neighborhood
- Set a return time
- If your kids are going out alone make sure they are responsible enough to know take care of themselves
- Stay in populated places and not cut through back alleys.
- Stay in well lighted areas
- Make sure treats are examined by an adult before eating
- Eat nothing that isnâ€™t fully wrapped
- Never enter the house of a stranger
- Carry a flashlight, glow stick, or reflective costumes so that cars can see you
- Do not go out ALONEâ€¦ make sure you are with a group of at least three people
If you follow these rules you will have a fun, safe, Halloween.
[EDITOR’S NOTE: Josh Hart is the B-Town Blog’s first Intern! He’s also a 15-year old student at Highline’s â€œBig Picture High Schoolâ€ in SeaTac. He recently wrote on the economy, about JFK beating Highline 61-0 in football, an opinion piece on the VP debate, a story on Mt. Rainier High’s Drill Team playing at the Seahawks’ Halftime and a story on a Fight at the Tyee vs Rention Football Game!]