Burien Little Theatre Auditions Start Tonight!
Sorry for the late notice on this â€“ auditions start TONIGHT, from 7pm-10pm (Mon. Nov. 10th) for â€œThe Ladyâ€™s Not for Burningâ€ at Burien Little Theatre, which is located at the Burien Community Center (Room 9), at the intersection of S.W. 146th St. and 4th Ave. S.W. in Burien (for directions, go to www.burienlittletheatre.com).
Here are the details:
- Burien Little Theatre announces auditions for â€œThe Ladyâ€™s Not for Burning,â€ by Christopher Fry.
- Auditions are Monday, Nov. 10 and Tuesday, Nov. 11 from 7 to 10 p.m.
- Callbacks are Wednesday, Nov. 12 from 7 to 10 p.m.
- Synopsis:Â Â A hilarious and romantic comedy about a small 15th-century town in an uproar over a reluctant bride, a falsely accused witch and a soldier determined to be hanged.Â Â Fryâ€™s images and poetic language are delightful, painfully tender and deliciously funny.
- Performances are at the Burien Little Theatre in Burien from Feb. 13 through March 8, 2009.
- Rehearsals begin Sunday, Jan. 4.
- Stage director Ken Holmes.
- $100 stipend provided.
- For auditioning, please prepare a comical Shakespearean verse monologue. Callbacks will consist of cold readings from the script. Please also bring resume and headshot.
- Please make an audition appointment: [email protected] or call Burien Little Theatre at 206-242-5180.
- Auditions and callbacks will be in Room 9 at the Burien Community Center, located at the intersection of S.W. 146th St. and 4th Ave. S.W. in Burien. For directions, go to www.burienlittletheatre.com.
- Thomas Mendipâ€” Age range 25-35
A discharged soldier who wants to be hanged. Well-read, a pessimist about mankind, far more intellectual and philosophical than the other characters and than one would expect for a soldier.
- Jennet Jourdemayneâ€”Age range 25-35
A falsely accused witch, well-read, quite intellectual but with a practical side and far more optimistic than Thomas Mendip.
- Richardâ€” Age range 20-25
An orphaned clerk who falls in love with Alizon at first sight.
- Alizon Eliot â€“ Age Range 18-25.
A young woman taken out of a convent to marry Humphrey Devize.
- Humphrey Devizeâ€” Age rangeÂ Â 20-30
Engaged to marry Alizon, competitive with his brother Nicholas.
- Nicholas Devizeâ€” Age range 20-30
An impetuous young man and competitive with his brother, Humphrey.
- Margaret Devizeâ€” Age range 40-60
Long-suffering mother of Nicholas and Humphrey.
- Hebble Tysonâ€” Age range 40-60
Somewhat dim Mayor of the little market town of Cool Clary, would rather not be bothered with anything official, brother to Margaret.
- The Chaplainâ€“ Age range 40-60
Tends to fall asleep easily, plays violin.Â Â May be double cast with Skipps.
- Edward Tappercoomâ€” Age range 40-60
A Justice of the Peace, on the pompous side.
- Matthew Skippsâ€” Age range 40-60
The â€œrag and bone manâ€ of the town, who Thomas says he killed and the townspeople are convinced was turned into a dog by the witch. May be double cast with The Chaplain.