Job Listing: Discover Burien Seeking Event Manager
The City of Burien, along with Discover Burien, is seeking an Event Manager (PDF available here), and have submitted this Request For Proposal (RFP) outlining their needs â€“ could this be your next great gig?:
Position Description & RFP: Event Manager
The mission of Discover Burien is to create and sustain a vibrant business community through promotions and education. Discover Burien is an economic development organization focused on business recruitment & retention, education, promotion and marketing of the Burien community. We are a member-based organization serving the entire community. We work closely with the City of Burien to serve as a liaison between the business community and City Hall.
The Event Manager position is a contracted position reporting to the Executive Director of Discover Burien.
The Event Manager has responsibilities for the overall planning, execution and evaluation of Board-approved community events sponsored by Discover Burien.
- Annually prepare a complete description of each event, including the measures by which each will be evaluated.
- Annually prepare a full budget for all event revenues and expenditures.
- Provide on-site management of and volunteer supervision for all events.
- Regularly submit written financial and results reports to the board after each event.
- Work under the direction of the DB Executive Director.
- Abide by board-approved policies including ethics and conflict of interest.
- Manage additional board-approved events (for an additional, negotiated fee).
To be considered as the contractor for Discover Burienâ€™s Event Management, please submit a written proposal which addresses the following:
- Your demonstrated ability to plan and manage the type of community events presented by Discover Burien.
- The process you will use for preparing event budgets and evaluating events.
- Your strategies for volunteer management (volunteer recruitment is the responsibility of the DB Executive Director).
- How you would generate sponsorship for events and what benefits you would propose for various levels of sponsorship. How would you work with the Sponsorship Committee of the Board?
- The promotional strategies you would use for each event
- How you would structure the working relationship with the DB Executive Director, especially in the areas of volunteer recruitment and sponsorships.
- How you would structure your reports to the Board of Directors, especially with regard to evaluation and financial matters.
The Event Manager selected will be expected to provide evidence of professional liability insurance naming Discover Burien as an additional insured.
All proposals are to be submitted by email or in writing to: [email protected] or to:
The Nonprofit Center
1501 Pacific Avenue, Suite 320
Tacoma, WA 98402
Questions may be directed to Ms. Heath at 253-272-5844.
The deadline for receipt of proposals is 5 p.m. on Monday, December 1st, 2008.