The City Of Burien Has A Brand Spankin’ New Website!
Hey everyone – the City of Burien’s new website is live online!
To put it all into context, let’s first take a look at a screenshot of the old website:
And now, the new one:
Our initial reactions are:
- Does this mean Burien has a (gulp) new logo? Could new “Welcome to Burien” signs be far behind?
- It’s much easier to navigate.
- Much higher production values.
- The photo slideshow is tres’ groovy.
- Burien finally looks beautiful and cool, and not like some lame 70s clipart enclave.
- If I didn’t already live here, this would make me more inclined to consider moving (hmmm…maybe that should be in the “Bad” category?)
- Where’s the prominent link to the B-Town Blog on the front page??? We’re not even on their “Quicklinks” page. Grrr…
- The previous city website link/URL (http://www.ci.burien.wa.us/) No. Longer. Works. (hey website team you need to do a re-direct â€“ stat!)
- The “Home” navigation button is not intuitively placed (like most ‘net users, we’re used to finding it in the upper left of the upper nav menu).
- There are still other links-within-pages that cause some confusion.
- The streaming video of the council meetings still requires just Windows Media. Well, at least it’s not RealMedia…
- The Calendar of Events page shows no events going on. Hey, we know Burien’s a sleepy town but there has to be something going on, right?
- The fancypants cursive graphic navigation choices are hard to read.
So…what are your thoughts?
Email us, or Post A Comment below…