Quick technical note for everyone who may have experienced error messages or noticed problems with our site loading properly (or at all…) today:
THE BAD NEWS:
- Our Servers have been acting up, and we’re in the midst of trying to figure out what’s wrong (as well as spanking our server host company, Dreamhost).
- This means that some functions will not be functioning for a while (like Event Calendar, some Video playback, Commenting, etc.), and we’re very sorry for that; most functionality will be restored once we figger this dang thing out.
- This has been incredibly frustrating to us (most likely more than You, our beloved Readers), and we know that obviously, this is a Zen/Yoda-like test of our patience. We have taken many deep breaths because of this, and we know that in the end, all will be well and working soon, and better than before…right?
THE GOOD NEWS:
- The site is up now.
- The problem is known and is being addressed.
- This issue is giving us a chance to purge elements of the site that may have been slowing it down.