Your “Empress Of Information’s” February Column
Happy belated New Year as well as a premature Valentine’s Day to all!
All King County Libraries will be Closed Monday February 16th for Presidents Day.
DID YOU KNOW?
That the King County Library System offers many programs and program series throughout the county that are Â FREE and open to all:
- See details of our “Many Voices, One Land” series here: http://www.kcls.org/manyvoicesoneland/
- See details of our “Fiscal Fitne$$” series here: http://www.kcls.org/events/fiscalfitness.cfm
- For a complete list of all programs here: http://www.kcls.org/programs/index.cfm
- To see a complete list of all KCLS Libraries OPEN HOURS and LOCATIONS: http://www.kcls.org/locations/index.cfm
“Puss â€˜n Cahoots” (Mrs. Murphy) by author Rita Mae Brown
If you like mysteries, small towns, and animals as detectives, then the “Mrs. Murphy” mysteries are for you.
“Puss â€˜n Cahoots” is the 14th in the series where all the animals belonging to Mary Minor â€˜Harryâ€™ Haristeen, post mistress of a small Virginia town, get in on the action.
In this series the critters serve not only as friendly human companions but are central characters in the story.Â They find clues, solve mysteries, and most importantly, protect â€˜Harryâ€™.
Mrs. Murphy (tabby) is the brains of the operation, lazy Pewter (a slightly overweight cat) and Tee Tucker (corgi) exuberant and fearless, team up with a wide range of farm and wild animals to uncover who done it every time.Â A fun twist on the relationship between animals and their humans, discussed from the animalâ€™s point of view.
Many of the books in the â€˜Mrs. Murphyâ€™ series are available in audio format and in Large Print.Â Check the KCLS catalog here: http://catalog.kcls.org/
PROGRAMS FOR CHILDREN AT THE BURIEN LIBRARY:
Preschool Story Times:
- Tuesdays at 10:30am
- Ages 3-6 with an adult
Toddler Story Times:
- Wednesdays at 11:15am
- Ages 24months to 36 months with an adult.
Early Toddler Story Times:
- Thursdays at 10:30am
- Ages 12 â€“ 24 months with an adult
Lapsit Story Times:
- Fridays at at 11am
- Ages 6-12 months with an adult
Cuentos en EspaÃ±ol:
- Thursdays at 6:30pm
- Ages 2 and older
- Stories and songs in Spanish and English
- A Nancy Stewart Concert
- Wednesday February 11th at 10am
Happy Valentines Day!!
- Ages 3-7 with an adult.
Sponsored by the Burien Library Guild.