“Empty Bowls” Raises Over $10K For Highline Food Bank
Gina Kallman, Cultural Arts Supervisor for Burien Parks emailed us this great news â€“ last Friday’s “Empty Bowls” fundraiser for the Highline Area Food Bank brought in 800 diners and raised $10,613!
Here’s some snippets from her email:
In four short years we have created an amazing community event that this year brought in 800 people and raised $10,613.00 for the Highline Food Bank!!
A big thank you to:
- Debra George and the Mark Restaurant who did an amazing job procuring all the food and paper products and baked 1,200 cookies!
- Moshier potters who made over 1,200 bowls
- Puget Sound Skills Center students for baking 1,200 yummy rolls and soup too
- Burienâ€™s generous businesses for donating 75 gallons of great soup
- Moshier studio artists for moving their spaces to give us space for the event
- Burien Little Theatre for the decorations
- Discover Burien for printing the posters
- Jini Oâ€™ Flynn for her lovely harp music
- And last, but definitely not least, all of you, our wonderful volunteers, who cleaned, served, greeted, organized, photographed, heated, took money, washed bowls, and more to make the event run so smoothly!
And if you didn’t see it already, here’s a video we put together with some highlights from Friday’s lunch crowd: