Metro Transit Seeking Feedback On Bus Route Changes
Metro Transit, along with Sound Transit, are considering changing several area bus routes, so if you ride public transportation around here you might want to let them know your thoughts.
Here are some snippets from a Metro press release:
King County Metro Transit and Sound Transit are working together on possible changes to bus routes serving portions of Burien, Federal Way, Kent, SeaTac, Tukwila, and the Tukwila Sounder Station. The changes would be made to connect Metro buses with Sound Transitâ€™s Link light rail and Metroâ€™s new RapidRide service, and to improve overall bus service in southwest King County.
Link will provide frequent, fast, and reliable service between Sea-Tac International Airport, Tukwila, southeast Seattle, and downtown Seattle. RapidRide is Metro Transitâ€™s new, streamlined bus service that will provide frequent, all-day service in five high ridership corridors. The A Line will run between Tukwila International Boulevard Link Station and Federal Way on Pacific Highway S/International Boulevard (State Route 99) beginning in 2010.
Last fall, Metro asked community members what they thought about some suggested changes. More than 1,100 people returned questionnaires or commented in other ways. Most of the comments were about the proposed routes and service levels. People also expressed concerns and made suggestions about safety, fares, travel times, transfers, reliability, and frequency of service. After considering the comments, Metro revised many of its proposals.
Tonight (Tues. Feb. 3rd) is the final “Open House” where Metro will present ideas:
FEDERAL WAY (open house)
- Tuesday, Feb. 3, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Federal Way Community Center, 876 S 333rd Street. Served by Metro Transit DART Route 903.
To give your feedback, go to this website, where you can read more information as well as:
- Complete a questionnaire.
- Attend an open house. Express your views directly to transit staff and members of Metroâ€™s community sounding board. Times and places are listed above.
- E-mail your comments to [email protected]
- Call Metro’s message line at 206-296-4511 and record your comments.
- Mail your written comments to:
King County Dept. of Transportation
201 S Jackson St.
Seattle, WA 98104
- Fax your comments to 206-263-3489