Rock N’Roll Seattle Marathon Is Seeking Volunteers
The first-ever Rock n’Roll Seattle Marathon Event, scheduled for June 24-27, is seeking volunteers.
And get this – Volunteers for this event will actually get something other than Satisfaction (I Can’t Get No…):
- Free Race Crew T-Shirt.
- Free ticket to the post-race headliner concert.
- Free race goodie bag.
- Satisfaction of helping others.
- You’ll have a great time!
WHAT: Inaugural Rock â€˜nâ€™ Roll Seattle Marathon & 1/2 Marathon
WHEN: Wednesday June 24th, Thursday 25th, Friday 26th, Saturday 27, 2009
WHERE: 26.2-Mile and 13.1-Mile Race Courses from Tukwila to Seattle (Volunteer stations to be assigned)
CONTACT: Volunteer Coordinator: Adriane Ferguson; Email: [email protected] Phone: (206) 728-0123 ext.109
2200 Sixth Ave. Suite 400
Seattle, WA. 98121
INFO: New this year, the Rock n’Roll Seattle Marathon & Â½ Marathon will be taking place on the streets throughout Seattle! We need your help in creating an inspiring and upbeat environment for the runners and walkers participating in this event.
Not a runner or walker? You can still be a part of the event! With over 15,000 marathon and half marathon participants, volunteers are needed to assist with every aspect of the event, including setup, pre-registration, the Health & Fitness Expo, the Start Line, Finish Line and water stations along the course. Team up with your friends or family and make it an experience you wonâ€™t forget!
- Pre-race Expo and Registration: Qwest Event Center-Wednesday June 24 (set up), Thursday June 25 & Friday, June 26.
- Issue registered runners their race numbers
- Distribute race participant T-shirts
- Distribute race Goodie Bags
- Stock and sell souvenirs
- Start Line â€“ Foster Golf Links- Tukwila- Saturday, June 27th:
- Start Corrals, Gear Check, Bus Unloading, Refreshments, Medical Tent
- Finish Line â€“ Qwest Field- Seattle-Saturday, June 27th:
- Checked Gear Retrieval, Chip Removal, Refreshment Zone, Awards, Pedestrian Traffic Control, Medical Tent
- Water Station – Groups of 30 or more-Saturday, June 27th:
- Volunteers are located on various parts of the course.
- Medical Station-Saturday, June 27th:
- Various Locations along the course. Volunteers are needed to staff medical tents and assist runners with minor injuries.
To sign-up, or to register to run, please click here: www.rnrseattle.com