Tylor Curry Is The Big Picture “Intern Of The Month”
by Josh Hart
This month at Big Picture High School, a fellow student named Tylor Curry was chosen as â€œIntern of the Month.â€
Tylor, a very prolific (and busy) sophomore, won for the following reasons:
- Tylor has two internships:
- The first is at The Nature Consortium where he is working with other students to help restore the Green Belt. They work out by the Duwamish River and they try to rid the area of invasive plants. They also try to protect from the invasive plants coming back. They want to have only native plants in that area. This is helping the community as a whole, because the work he is doing out there is making things like our air quality better and making the area a prettier place.
- His other internship is with The Tobacco Prevention Program. He goes around and tries to buy cigarettes from stores. If they sell to him, King County Public Health comes in and talks to them about selling cigarettes to underage buyers. So he is preventing teens from getting into bad habits and also serving under law enforcement.
- Both nature and law enforcement are Tylorâ€™s passions and he is following his passions and working at his goals to make the world a better place.
- Also, in January, Tylor was awarded a $500 grant from the Washington Foundation for the Environment to implement an internship project involving teaching elementary students about forest restoration.
Letâ€™s give a big hand to Tylor and join him in making the community cleaner and safer for all of us.
[EDITOR’S NOTE: Josh Hart is the B-Town Blog’s first Intern! He’s also a 15-year old student at Highline’s â€œBig Picture High Schoolâ€ in SeaTac.
You can read more of his writing here…]