Your Empress Of Information Salutes All B-Town Bookworms
Greetings and salutations to all B-Town Bookworms from your Empress of Information!
DID YOU KNOW?
- The King County Library System now offers downloadable books, audio books, video, and music from several sources. Just visit: http://www.kcls.org/ecollection/ for all the downloadable details.
- February is “Black History Month” so be sure to check out Burienâ€™s book display celebrating the event. The Burien Library also houses the “African American Achievement” collection located in the Teen Zone.
- Our brand new Burien Library is really taking shape! Have a look at all the construction pictures at http://www.kcls.org/bond/burien/ and get ready for our Grand Opening Celebrations!! Date to be announced. To whet your appetite, here’s a photo – check out the nice curved windows and view:
- FREE Job Hunting Seminars @ the Burien Library. Monday evenings 6:30-8:30pm, Feb 23rd, Mar 2nd, Mar 9th, and Mar 16th. Donâ€™t miss this great series that brings experts from the human resources and recruiting world to share job search tips, resume doâ€™s and donâ€™ts and information on online applications and government jobs. Sponsored by the Burien Library Guild. Call or visit the Burien Library for seminar details.
- “Your Money or Your Life” presented by Liesbet Trappenburg @ the Burien Library on Saturday February 28th beginning at 1pm. This program is part of KCLSâ€™s â€˜Fiscal Fitnessâ€™ series, visit http://www.kcls.org/events/fiscalfitness.cfm for all program listings.
- 2009 â€˜Literary Lions Galaâ€™ March 7th beginning at 6pm at the Bellevue Library. Nancy Pearl of â€˜Book Lustâ€™ fame will emcee the event and Garth Stein author of â€˜The Art of Racing in the Rainâ€™ is the keynote speaker. See http://www.kcls.org/literarylions/ for all the details.
- Check out all the fabulous programs in our â€˜Many Voices, One Landâ€™ series â€˜celebrating the traditions of many cultures that bring us together in communityâ€™ including:
- The White Center Library will host â€˜Songs & Stories of the Coast Salish Peoplesâ€™ on Wednesday March 4th at 6:30pm
- PLEASE NOTE: Story Time at the Greenbridge Library is now at 2pm every Wednesday for ages 2-6 with an adult. More info here.
“Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life” by Alice Schroeder.
Ever wonder how to become a billionaire?
Read how Warren Buffett, a decidedly low key and down home personality became one of the richest men in the world.
Author Alice Schroeder gets up close to the highly private and personal life of Mr. Buffett. Includes insights on his personal and business friendships and dealings with such persons as Kay Graham (owner of the Washington Post) and Bill Gates.
Buffett, an Omaha native, lives a very unconventional life, from â€˜elephant bumpingâ€™ with the worldâ€™s elite to maintaining his marriage to Suzie Buffett who lives separately in California.
A great read!
(Also available on CD).
See you in the stacks!