Highline College Offering Free Tax Help Fridays Thru 4/10

Print This Post  Email This Post

Student volunteers, who have studied and received income tax preparation certification from AARP and IRS, are providing free help to anyone needing assistance preparing certain non-complex 2008 income tax returns.

Bring your patience and plan for at least one hour.

WHEN: Fridays only, through April 10, from 1pm to 7pm; last client at 6:15pm

WHERE: Highline Community College campus, Building 29, rooms 308

COST: Free, including electronic filing


  • Copy of 2007 income tax return
  • Forms W-2 from each employer
  • Form SSA-1099 if you were paid Social Security benefits
  • Form 1099-G if you were paid unemployment benefits
  • Form 1099-R if you received pension or annuity income
  • All other forms 1099; e.g., 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.
  • Dependent care provider information, if any (name, tax identification number, and amount paid in 2008)
  • Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents
  • Forms 1098-T and other available tuition statements
  • All receipts or cancelled checks if itemizing deductions

If you own your home but have not been able to itemize in the past, new this year is potential income tax savings if you paid, in 2008, real estate taxes on your personal residence.

More information at this HCC website.

Print This Post  Email This Post

Share Your Opinion

By participating in our online comment system, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of our comment policy.

...and oh, if you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!