Burien’s Yarn Stash Holding Memorial Teddy Bear Drive

BTB Reader Shannon Huff sends us this note about Burien’s Yarn Stash doing a very unique fundraiser:

Laura Delker

Last year a beloved member of our community, Laura Delker, passed away suddenly.

Laura touched so many people and as a way to honor her memory the owners of The Yarn Stash decided to start a Teddy Bear drive.

On Saturday, Feb. 14th, Bonnie & Beth, co-owners of The Yarn Stash, along with employees of Fashion Bug, started collecting new teddy bears at their store. Laura was a long time resident of Burien, an employee at Fashion Bug for many years, an avid knitter and crocheter and loved to collect teddy bears. She was always ready to help the novice knitter and spent many happy hours both visiting and helping.

The outpouring of support and donations has been amazing! Over 200 teddy bears have been collected and will be donated to Highline Medical Center to be handed out to children being treated in the ER.

“We have had so much fun hosting the teddy bear picnic in Laura’s memory. We asked her husband, Bill, if you could do it annually – he whole heartedly agreed! We are pleased to announce that next year starting on February 14th we will be hosting the 2nd Annual Teddy Bear Picnic! Be sure to check our website for more details.”

www.burienyarnstash.com

Stop by and check out Laura’s Teddy Bear Picnic soon.

Comments

7 Responses to “Burien’s Yarn Stash Holding Memorial Teddy Bear Drive”
  1. Sally Pesce says:

This is so cool!! What a wonderful idea. I love the Store and it's owners. And I think this is a wonderful memorial!!

2. Maggie Mire says:

I too love the Yarn Stash and the owners…Laura was very speical – she had an infectious laugh and was an inspired everyone…this is a great way to honor her!

3. Celeste Lewis says:

Laura was always so nice when I went into Fashion Bug. Always a smile on her face. I am sad she is gone but glad it wasn't a long drawn out illness.

4. Marge Bakken says:

Laura's husband Bill sent me this article today, I had no idea that Laura had passed.
    I am so saddened, but thrilled that her love of bears is going to be shared by so many.
    I met Laura when she worked at the Card shop…..and I wondered why Bill sent out
    her Christmas card this year.
    I know she would be tickled over this commitment!!! She was a Sweetheart!!

5. Marge Bakken says:

I met Laura when she worked at the Card shop…..and I wondered why Bill sent out
    her Christmas card this year.
    I know she would be tickled over this commitment!!! She was a Sweetheart!!

6. Sam says:

Laura was one of two sister's to seven brothers, yes I said seven. Laura love teddy bears when she was young and I miss her smile too. She was the most bubble person I have ever known. Her love will stay here on earth because she shared it while she was here. And now those who know her share her love again and again, forever.
    Sam

7. Thomas Miller says:

Our sister Laura was always one to give and to recieve a smile back was enough for her. It is only fitting that she is still giving and i'm sure she is looking down and smiling. Thank you YARN STASH for this wonderful memory of Laura.
    Tom

Share Your Opinion

...and oh, if you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!