(2009) “Cove To Clover” Race Is Sunday; Some Important Notes
[NOTE: This posting is for the 2009 Cove to Clover race; for the most recent info on the 2010 race, click here]
The first-ever “Cove to Clover” 5K Run (despite the sign, and us earlier, calling it “Clove to Clover”), a benefit for the Highline Area Food Bank, will take place this Sunday morning, March 15 2009, starting at the Normandy Park Beach Cove and ending at Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub in downtown Burien, and here are some important notes:
- The entire race course will close at different times during the race, so check out the map below and plan accordingly if you’re driving anywhere between The Cove and Mick Kelly’s Sunday morning:
<a href=”http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/wa/seattle/401972419541″ mce_href=”http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/wa/seattle/401972419541″>01/24/2009 Route</a><br/><a href=”http://www.mapmyrun.com/find-run/united-states/wa/seattle” mce_href=”http://www.mapmyrun.com/find-run/united-states/wa/seattle”>Find more Runs in Seattle, Washington</a>
If you’re planning on registering for the race, there’s still time to do so online at the Clove to Clover website – but the deadline is 11pm Friday March 13th, and 5K entrants will be limited to 250.
- Race-day packets can be picked up at race start area (for the Kid’s Race at St. Francis, for 5K at the Cove).
- RACE-DAY REGISTRATION WILL ONLY BE CONDUCTED AT THE 5K START LINE AND WILL BE CLOSED AT 10:45 AM.
- KID’S RACE REGISTRATION SHOULD BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO RACE DAY.
- Kids, youÂ can now look forward toÂ your very own “Root Beer Garden,” sponsored by Goody Gumdrops and featuringÂ FREE root beer.
- 5K Start Line @ The Cove (begins promptly at 11:00 AM):
Normandy Park Community Club
1500 SW Shorebrook Drive
Normandy Park, WA 98166
- Snake Hill Shuttle loads at the 5K Start Line at 11:10am (line up behind the 5K runners). The boarding area will be at the Start Line after all runners have left the area. Those pre-paid riders should line up behind the runners wave. Shuttle drop-off will be at the Gregory Heights Pool (1st Water Station) which is approximately 2 miles from the finish line on relatively flat ground! Perfect for walkers who want to support the cause.
- Family Race Start Line (begins promptly at 11:45 AM):
St. Francis of Assisi Church
2103 SW 152nd St
Burien, WA 98166
- Awards for 12 and under only in the Kid’s Race. However, parents are encouraged to run with their kids and all entries are welcomed.
- Finish Line (and Mick Kellyâ€™s Beer Garden):
Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub
435 SW 152nd Avenue
Burien, WA 98166
- Award Ceremony to follow the race at the finish line ASAP.
Here’s a map of the starting line near the Normandy Park Cove:
And as if that isn’t enough info for ya, here’s a video of the entire course, from start to finish (minus the doubling over from “Snake Hill” and drinking at Mick Kelly’s afterwards) shot by resident Francis Doniego:
More information available at the Clove to Clover website.