Horse Around With “Hats On For Highline” May 2nd
The Highline Medical Foundation has a simple question for you, and they’re not horsing around:
Q: What could possibly be more fun than watching the Kentucky Derby live simulcast at a VIP trackside tent at Emerald Downs, with a sumptuous buffet lunch and silent auction?
A: Well, helping a good cause at the same time! Highline Medical Foundation is sponsoring Hats on for Highline to raise money for cancer care and other patient care programs on Saturday, May 2nd, beginning at 11:30am at Emerald Downs in Auburn.
This will be an afternoon of fun and fashion, complete with regional delicacies, Mint Juleps and the traditional festive Derby Day hats.
- It’s on Saturday, May 2nd
- Gates open at 11:30am
- Buffet will be served beginning at 12:30pm.
- A silent auction of hats and other items includes glamorous hats for women, upscale straw Panama hats for men, and even a Harley-Davidson motorcycle helmet!
- At 3:04pm post time, the bugle will call Churchill Downs jockeys to their mounts for the famous “Run for the Roses” Kentucky Derby.
- Attendees are welcome to stay at Emerald Downs until 7:00 p.m. to watch the full complement of live races at the track that day.
- There even will be a handicapper to explain the ABCs of horseracing for any novices.
- Tickets are $45 each, and include admission to Emerald Downs, seating in the VIP trackside tent, parking, program, racing form and tip sheet.
- Reservations, due by April 25th, can be made by calling 206.901.8500, or emailing [email protected]
View Larger Map