Playwright’s Fest & Free Readings On Tap For BLT In May
Burien Little Theatre has released its May schedule, which will include readings from winners of the Bill & Peggy Hunt’s Playwright’s Festival.
BLT will also feature “Recession Pricing” for all of May, with tickets priced at just $10.
You can buy tickets safely and securely online here:
You can also email [email protected] or call (206) 242-5180.
As for the playwright fest:
ExperienceÂ wonderfulÂ brand-newÂ worksÂ writtenÂ byÂ up-and coming playwrights from Washington state and never produced anywhere else.Â Come see the winners of the 2009 playwrights festival!
The festival is graciously sponsored by the City of Burien.
Half of all ticket sales for the Playwrights Festival goÂ toÂ Hospitality House toÂ helpÂ homelessÂ women. Â (Sorry, this means NO Five Buck Friday during the Festival.)
There are four shows, two one-act plays and two full length plays in the festival.Â One one-act play and one full-length play will be performed together.Â Two shows for the first two weekends and then the other two shows for the last two weekends.Â Don’t miss out!Â Come twice and see ALL the winners! – The shows are recommended for audiences age 15 and older due to occasional language.
SPECIAL – SPECIAL – SPECIAL – Every Saturday there will be a FREE reading of the honorable mention plays! (we will pass the hat)!Â Starts at 2 pm!Â See details below:
“The Reprieve” a one-act play written by Judith A. Jacobs AND “If Spiders Made Honey” a full-length play written by Dave Tucker:
- May 1 at 8:00 p.m. Friday – MAY DAY!
- May 2 at 8:00 p.m. Saturday – Plus free play readings at 2 p.m. – “Penny Loves Butchie Hartog” and “Sinking Bass Turds”
- May 3 at 2:00 p.m. Sunday Matinee
- May 8 at 8:00 p.m. Friday
- May 9 at 8:00 p.m. Saturday – Plus free play readings at 2 p.m. – “Penny Loves Butchie Hartog” and “Sinking Bass Turds”
- May 10 at 2:00 p.m. Sunday Matinee
“Famous Last Words” a one-act play written by Michael Wallace AND “Man Defeats Nature” a full-length play written by Christopher Bailey:
- May 15 at 8:00 p.m. Friday
- May 16 at 8:00 p.m. Saturday – Plus free play readings at 2 p.m. – “Freight” and “Days of Future Passed”
- May 17 at 2:00 p.m. Sunday Matinee
- May 22 at 8:00 p.m. Friday
- May 23 at 8:00 p.m. Saturday – Plus free play readings at 2 p.m. – “Freight” and “Days of Future Passed”
- May 24 at 2:00 p.m. Sunday Matinee
A few things to note:
- The play readings are free to the public.
- Tickets for the productions are just $10 with one half of the ticket price ($5) being donated to Hospitality House.
- BLT is conducting a food drive for local food banks, so please bring non-perishable food stuff.
- There is a “play with your food” option (dinner and a show) at the Mark Restaurant and Bar – a two course meal and a ticket for just $30.00 per person. Call the Mark at (206) 241-6275.
- If you brought food for the food drive and bought a ticket, you could enjoy live entertainment and feel self-righteous from all of the good you are doing for the community!