Sea-Tac Airport Hosting Earth Day Fair Wed. 4/22
Aside from being sued by angry residents over the third runway, Sea-Tac Airport seems to really be getting their green on lately, utilizing a wildlife biologist for bird control, and even winning a “Proggy” Award from PETA.
Now they’re celebrating Earth Day on Wednesday, April 22nd from 10am to 2pm.
Here are the details:
WHAT: Earth Day Environmental Fair & Sustainable Art Exhibit Opening; Everything from Green Products to Recycled Clothing and Green Architecture
WHEN: Wednesday, April 22, 10 a.m. â€“ 2 p.m.
WHERE: Sea-Tac Airport Arrivals Hall
INFO: Are you looking for ways to â€˜go green,â€™ reduce your environmental footprint or look at what the future may hold in sustaining our planet? You can get it all in one place at the Port of Seattle Earth Day Environmental Fair, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Sea-Tac Airport in the Gina Marie Lindsey Arrivals Hall.
As the grand finale of the Port’s Earth & Sustainability Month, there will be an array of booths with information about what others are doing and things you can do to help the planet. Learn about Port programs to save energy and water; reduce solid waste; and manage wildlife, storm water and air emissions. Speak with vendors about green products and services, recycling, green transportation, and get information about sustainability initiatives of various agencies and organizations. Highlights and topics include:
- A New Art Installation on the latest and future concepts of green architecture called â€œInnovative Design: Seattle Architects.â€ Nine of Seattleâ€™s top architectural firms will be on hand with models and designs of their cutting edge projects. A reception with architects will be held at 11 a.m. Local green caterers are providing food and beverages for the reception.
- Green products, such as recycled content paper, reusable pens, recyclable notebooks.
- Puget Sound Skills Center, showing students demonstrating clothing made out of recycled materials.
- How to re-use building materials for your home.
- Samples of fresh organic food and learn how to purchase at lower costs.
- Learn to compost at home with Seadrunar.
- Sound Transit displays the future of light rail.
- See how the Port is recycling and encouraging others to recycle.
- The Washington State Recycling Association will talk about the future of recycling.
- Cascade Bicycle Alliance highlights bike commuting.
- Learn about Sea-Tac Airportâ€™s wildlife program.
- Port of Seattle Information Technology on telecommuting and how to hold green meetings.
- City of SeaTac will share information about their sustainability and recycling programs.