Meet Us At The Highline Vintage Jazz Festival Today!
The staff of The B-Town Blog will have a table in the lobby of the Highline Performing Arts Center today during Burien Arts‘ first-ever Highline Vintage Jazz Festival today (Sat. May 2nd), and we’d love to meet you!
Come on over to PAC at 401 South 152nd Street (next to Highline High School) for this great all-day music fest, which gets underway at 2pm for the matinee three-hour performance, with the second starting at 7pm.
Some of the regionâ€™s most well-known jazz musicians will be playing Dixieland, swing, solo stride piano, gypsy jazz and more!
Tickets to the event are just $20 per show or $35 for a full day pass, and are available at the door.
The 2pm matinee performance will include:
- The Canote Brothers as MCs
- Bulldog Brass Band (Garfield High School New Orleans style band)
- Pearl Django (Gypsy Jazz)
- The Jangles (Western Swing)
- Dina Blade (“A Tribute to Dorothy Fields”)
The 7pm performances boasts a separate line-up of impressive jazz musicians including:
- Holotradband (Dixieland)
- Paul Asaro (Solo stride piano)
- Hot Club Sandwich (Gypsy Jazz)
- Casey MacGill & Blue 4 Trio (Jump Swing & vocals)
The Festival will also feature:
- Outdoor musical entertainment
- Great food
- Raffle prizes
- Free transportation to and from local restaurants and bars (which will likely be having specials for festival-goers)
- And more!
To give you a taste of what kind of music and entertainment you can expect, here are some video clips of artists scheduled to appear: