Shameless Self-Plug: April Was Our Best Month Ever!
Despite starting off with a somewhat-controversial April Fool’s issue where every story was fake (re-live the silliness here), April 2009 was by far the best month ever for The B-Town Blog, and for that we’d like to say:
THANK YOU READERS!
As you can see in the statistics chart below, our April traffic continued to grow to record numbers, at a steady clip of +24% for Unique Visitors (19,108) and +18% for Pageviews (over 33,000!):
Since January of this year, the number of Unique Visitors for The B-Town Blog is up by nearly +49% and +55% for Pageviews.
And since launching, our daily traffic growth has been an almost-unfathomable +7,249%!
We credit our recent traffic surge to a few things:
- Our ridiculous Aprils Fool’s issue became a viral hit, tripling our traffic over two full days.
- After doing an online survey, we decided to re-focus on frequently-updated Local News and Event Listings, something we strongly believe our local media competition isn’t doing well.
- Our continued, focused online paid Advertising efforts using Google AdWords.
- Our ongoing focus on being involved in the community, from being an active member of Discover Burien and the Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce to holding various fundraisers.
- Viral marketing efforts using Facebook and Twitter (we have some secrets too that we’re now offering on a Social Media Consultation Service, where we’ll help your business utilize these amazing tools).
- Our recent :30-second TV spot that aired locally on CNN via Comcast Spotlight.
- Sponsorship of the Highline Vintage Jazz Festival, which gave us eight radio mentions on KPLU.
- The hiring of freelance journalists who bring more unique, credible coverage exclusive to The B-Town Blog (you can help us continue this cause by donating to our “Freelance Fund” which goes directly to them).
Like last year, we have a booth at the Burien Farmer’s Market, where we will serve as the one and only “official blog.” Come on by every Thursday between 11am and 3pm â€“ we’ll be on 10th Ave SW between SW 151st and SW 152nd (and at the new location when it moves to Burien Town Square), so come over and say hi!
We’d also like to extend a special shout-out to all our Advertisers, as they are the ones who have taken a chance on our product, and hopefully are seeing rewards.
Again, thanks for being a Reader of The B-Town Blog â€“ keep in mind we’re still in our infancy and there are a lot of great new elements coming soon!