Strawberry & Arts Fest Sneak Peek: Kids & Family Fun!
The Burien Strawberry & Arts Festival happens just two weekends from this one (on June 20th and 21st), in the area around the Burien Community Center and Dottie Harper Park, and it’s a very family-friendly (and FREE) event worth making a weekend out of, especially for these numerous kid-friendly reasons:
- Sidewalk Chalk Art Creations
- Free Bouncing on Inflatable Toys
SATURDAY, June 21st:
- 10am-6pm: Superheroes Art Garb booth. Create wild capes, hats, and vests to take home or wear in â€œFestival Family 1K Runâ€ the next morning in Downtown Burien
- 10:30 am-3:00 pm: Face Painting
- 3pm-4pm: Central Services presents The BOARD OF EDUCATION. Fun, witty, & smart musical romp created by Seattle band Central Services, fronted by a former elementary school teacher/published childrenâ€™s novelist, and written for tweens but with something for all ages. Kids (and kids at heart) get ready to ROCK!
- 4:15pm-5:15pm: Bubbleman. Kids go crazy with the King of Bubbles, Gary Golighty
SUNDAY, June 22:
- 10am-5pm: Arts Garage booth, where kids can create everything and anything using tons of recycled arts materials
- 11:30am-12:15pm: Eric Ode. Fun interactive music with stories, skits, poetry, and puppets
- Noon-5pm: Face Painting
the full schedule of events and performers can be found by clicking here.