Music And Movies In The Park Begins Thursday, July 2nd
Burien’s annual free Music and Movies In The Park begins July 2nd with concerts every Thursday night and outdoor Movie Nights every Friday beginning Aug. 14th, all at Lake Burien Memorial Park, which is located at at SW 148th and 16th SW.
The lineup includes:
MUSIC CONCERTS (every Thurs. night from 6:30pm-8:30pm):
- July 2nd: Total Experience Gospel Choir, one of the Northwest’s finest soulful ensembles
- July 9th: Bottle Rockit, Seattle’s Party Animal Band Let Out of the Cage
- July 16th: Family Fiesta Night featuring Evolucion Latina
- July 23rd: Manooghi Hi, Psychedelic Bombagrunge that will Rock Your Socks Off
- July 30th, Deadwood Revival, Some of the Best Hillbilly Jam Grass!
- Aug. 6th: The Staxx Brothers, An Eclectic Experience Blending Hip-Hop, R&B and Powerful Funk
FRIDAY NIGHT MOVIES (every Fri. night beginning Aug. 14th at dusk):
- Aug. 14th: “Journey to the Center of the Earth” in 3-D!
- Aug. 21st: Double Feature: “Freaky Friday” and the Burien premiere of “The Day My Parents Became Cool” (see our previous coverage of this locally-shot film here)
To get you in a musical or cinematic mood, here are some videos to enjoy from the comfort of your PC:
“Kismet” by Manooghi Hi:
“Good Day Sunshine” by Deadwood Revival:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLNbmmeo8Kg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQIERSvp03w
For more information, please call (206) 988-3700 or visit www.burienparks.net.