Come See Us In The 88th Annual Burien 4th Of July Parade (2009)
Burien’s 88th annual 4th of July Parade is coming on, um…oh yeah, JULY 4th, starting at 3pm, beginning at Ambaum Blvd. SW and SW 149th Street, then winding its way through good ol’ B-Town’s downtown district, and get this â€“ this year, your B-Town Blog staff will actually be IN the parade!
That’s right, be sure to look for your goofy blog staff in (on? around?) our little Mini Cooper Blogmobile on a flatbed trailer towed by BTB Advertiser Airport/Burien Towing, and if we can hop on a wi-fi signal, we’ll even blog live whilst in the ding-dang parade!
The parade is sponsored by both the City of Burien and the Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce, and has gained a reputation as one of the most enjoyable and spirited community parades in the region. This year, parade spectators will rub shoulders with:
- The Seafair Pirates, the scurviest pack of rogues to ever stain the seven seas (including numerous B-Towners)!
- The Seattle HOG Chapter will rumble through town on their thundering Harley Davidson motorcycles!
- Santa on roller skates! We have no idea why either…
- Ronald McDonald on a Segway will either bring a smile to your face or make you feel extremely uneasy (like he does us, but then again, we’re afraid of clowns using new technology).
- And the usual marching bands, energetic dance teams, elaborate floats and vintage autos!
The brand new Town Square and City Hall will add an exciting change of scenery to downtown Burien. Everyone is invited to come and be a part of this FREE longstanding Burien tradition.
The route will head south on Ambaum, east on SW 153rd, north on 4th Ave. SW, then west on SW 152nd.
To download your own Parade Map, click here (PDF file).
The Burien Independence Day Parade is sponsored by Seahurst Dental Design/Jim Coleman, DDS and Puget Sound Energy.
Media partners include your most up-to-date local news source, The B-Town Blog and that other one, the Highline Times.
For questions about the parade, contact the Chamber at (206) 575-1633 or email [email protected].