Seahurst Park’s New Picnic Shelter Severely Vandalized; $1,000 Reward Offered

Michael Lafreniere, Director of Burien Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services, reports that Seahurst Park’s brand new picnic shelter and other areas were severely vandalized by alleged gang members Sunday night, June 28th.

“Staff tell me this is the worst they have ever seen in all their years with the city,” he adds. “And it will cost us several thousand dollars to clean it up. We are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the persons responsible for this crime.”

Here’s a slideshow of the damage, which includes closeups of graffiti tags and assorted words that may help identify the vandals:

Click to View Slideshow of Damages to Seahurst Park’s New Picnic Shelter

Cash rewards of up to $1,000 are paid for information leading to the arrest. Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers immediately at (206) 343-2020 or toll free at 1 (800) CRIME-13 and give the tip to police without giving his/her name.

Comments

6 Responses to “Seahurst Park’s New Picnic Shelter Severely Vandalized; $1,000 Reward Offered”
  1. Kathi says:

What?!!
    WOW!
    My heart just sank when I saw the picture and that its at Seahurst Park. =(
    That is so disappointing.
    Aren’t there any surveillance cameras there?

2. Kari says:

I am so SICK of seeing this kind of crap all over the place. My daughter and I were down there about 2 weeks ago and saw one table partly written on then and it made me sick to my stomach.

Someone needs to invent a seal that can be painted on surfaces so this is easily removed. Better yet? Remove the brats!! 😉

3. Shelly says:

That’s terrible and very sad! Let us know if there’s anything we in the community can do to help, such as coming down to help clean up. It’s such a beautiful park.

4. dogwalker says:

Looks like out-of-towners — 818 area code, van nuys.

5. candice. says:

Ugh… I hate this crap.

I was just at the disc-golf course up on 116th and noticed that they have recently painted over all the graffiti and made the park look great. My first thought was “I wonder how long before some dumb teen ruins all this.”

Lame.

6. Jim Branson says:

More graffiti like this has turned up at Eagle Landing Park. It seems to be from the MS13 gang. Pictures: http://www.eaglelandingpark.org/20100531graffiti.htm

Share Your Opinion

...and oh, if you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!