UPDATE: 16-Year Old Burien Girl Pleads “Not Guilty” In Pit Bull Attack

Print This Post  Email This Post

7/8/09 UPDATE: The 16-year-old Burien girl accused of siccing her pit bull on two women in SeaTac June 21st pleaded “not guilty” Wednesday morning (July 8th) to several criminal charges. She was ordered to remain in custody until her trial. Due to her age, she remains unidentified.

7/7/09 UPDATE: According to the Seattle P-I, on Tuesday (July 7th) around 12:30pm, King County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested the 16-year old girl suspect at her Burien home. She was booked into the Youth Service Center on a no-bail felony assault warrant.

According to The Seattle Times, two counts of third-degree assault were filed Monday (July 6th) against a 16-year-old Burien girl who allegedly sicced a pit bull on two women in SeaTac.

The suspect, who is not being named because she is underage and is being charged in King County Juvenile Court, had trained “Snaps,” the pit bull (pictured at left), to attack, according to charging papers (read our June 22nd report here).

Sgt. John Urquhart of the King County Sheriff’s Department said a warrant has been issued for the girl’s arrest, and that she is being sought by deputies. She is slated to be arraigned on July 14th.

Court documents (view/download PDF here) allege that the female and a group of boys were found abusing the animal on June 21st before the two women were attacked by the dog.

The Times also reports that three White Center boys, ages 11, 12 and 13, who were with the girl during the attacks will not face charges because the girl is believed to be responsible.

A 63-year-old woman says she saw four youths kicking the dog and pulled her car over to see if they were okay. The girl cursed at the woman and told her to butt out.

When the woman threatened to call 9-1-1, the female suspect leaned into the car, grabbed the woman’s hair and took her cellphone. The girl then beat the woman with her own phone, court papers said.

All this was witnessed by a 41 year-old Seattle woman, who followed the group to nearby North SeaTac Park. When the 15 year-old figured out they were followed, she walked up to the woman and head-butted her, then threw punches to her head and body.

Next the dog joined the fray and became increasing violent as the rest of the group egged the dog on. The woman suffered serious bite injuries, including wounds to her head and face, as well as serious gashes and puncture wounds to both arms. Her left forearm was flayed open and the bone could be seen.

Sheriff’s deputies arrived and found the four nearby, still with the dog. All were taken into custody without incident.

To read the full story, click here. To read the court documents, click here for a PDF file (warning: contains mature language).


Print This Post  Email This Post

Share Your Opinion

By participating in our online comment system, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of our comment policy.

...and oh, if you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!