Burien Little Theatre Auditioning For “Psycho Beach Party” July 27-28
Have you ever acted? Have you ever dressed in drag? Are you psycho? Love the beach? Like to party?
BLT is seeking actors to play characters ranging in age from 15 to 45 for this Charles Busch comedy.
Here are the details:
â€œPsycho Beach Partyâ€ is an over-the-top, gender-bending spoof of the beach party movies of the â€˜60s. Get down with this sexy, multiple-personality, coming-of-age comedy. Chicklet, a perky Malibu teenager, joins a group of beach bums to learn to surf. The hilarity ensues when her multiple personalities wash up to the surface, including â€œAnne Bowman,â€ a sinister vamp out to conquer the world.
Performances will be at Burien Little Theatre in Burien from Oct. 2nd through Nov. 1st, 2009.
- Monday, July 27th from 7pm to 10pm
- Tuesday, July 28th from 7pm to 10pm
- Callbacks are Wednesday, July 29th from 7 to 10 p.m.
- Rehearsals begin on Sunday, Aug. 23rd.
- $100 stipend provided
- For auditioning, please prepare a comic monologue.
- Callbacks will consist of cold readings from the script.
- Please also bring resume and headshot.
- Please make an audition appointment: [email protected] or call Burien Little Theatre at 206-242-5180.
- Auditions will be in Studio 1 and callbacks in Room 4 at the Burien Community Center, located at the intersection of S.W. 146th St. and 4th Ave. S.W. in Burien. For directions, go to www.burienlittletheatre.com.
- Yo-Yo â€” Male role, age range late teens to early 20s: Handsome male surfer who has a thing for hair stylings and food. Best friends with Provoloney.
- Dee Dee â€”Female role, age range late teens to early 20s: Sexy chick in a bikini.
- Nicky â€“ Male role, age range late teens to early 20s: Handsome male surfer.
- Provoloney â€“ Male role, age range late teens to early 20s: Scrappy little surfer. Friends with Yo-Yo.
- Star Cat â€“ Male role, age range early 20s: Handsomest of the male surfers. Dropped out of college to stick with his true calling, being a beach bum.
- Chicklet â€“ Traditionally a gender-bending male role, but weâ€™re open to either gender, character is age 15: Perky high school girl determined to learn to surf even though itâ€™s a male-only sport. Also has multiple personalities–including a dominatrix who plans to take over the world, a black grocery store clerk and a psychiatristâ€”triggered every time she sees the color red.
- Kanaka â€“ Male, age range early to mid 20s: Macho Big Kahuna of the surfers.
- Berdine â€“ Female, age 15: Hopelessly nerdy, but spunky. Chickletâ€™s best friend.
- Marvel Ann â€“ Female, age range 15 to 16: Gorgeous high school vamp. Itâ€™s all about what men can do for her.
- Mrs. Forrest â€“ Female, age range 32 to 45: Spitting image of Joan Crawford. Chickletâ€™s mother. Harshly protective, controlling of Chicklet.
- Bettina Barnes â€“ Female, age range mid-20s to 35: Incredibly glamorous movie star. Hiding out at the beach after running away from the set of her latest cheesy sexploitation film. Plans to head to New York to study â€œseriousâ€ acting with Lee Strasberg.
So come on all you talented yet psycho gender-bending partyin’ B-Town Blog Readers â€“ get your stuff together and go audition! Maybe if you get the part we’ll even let you write a first-hand experience blog about it…