“Jubilee Days” Coming To White Center This Weekend
Our diverse neighbor to the north, White Center, is holding its 21st Annual “Jubilee Days” Street Fair thisÂ Saturday, July 18th and Sunday, July 19th, celebrating this year with the theme, â€œLiving The Dream.”
Here are the details:
WHAT: White Center’s 21st Annual “Jubilee Days” 2-day Street Fair
WHEN: Saturday, July 18th from 10am â€“ 11pm and Sunday, July 19th from 10am to 6pm
WHERE: 16th Avenue SouthWest between Southwest Roxbury Street and Southwest 100th Street White Center, WA. 98108
COST: It’s FREE! Lots of FREE PARKING!
SATURDAY, JULY 18th â€“ 10am to 11pm & SUNDAY, JULY 19th 10am to 6pm:
- Sat. at 1:30pm: A 1K “Microthon” Fun Run
- Saturday at 2pm: Parade, starting at SW 112th St, Heading North to SW 100th St
- Check In: Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 12:30 to 1:00
- Assembly Staging: at McDonalds in White Center
- Award Categories â€“ Classic and antique Cars, Specialty, Novelty, Drill Teams, Marching Bands, and commercial groups.
- Walking, Marching and Dancing units (carried by the forward left-sided person)
- Distribution of objects, such as candy, flyers, etc.: Must be handed out curbside. Please do not drop objects in the street where children may be tempted to retrieve them. No silly string. Please use litter containers.
- FOR ENTRY FORMS CONTACT: AMANDA AMEND (253) 592-2048 or email your entry at [email protected]
- An Art Show. Wonderful Arts and Great Crafts
- Information and Food booths
- Beer Garden
- Two Stages with Entertainment!
- A Kids Center with free hands-on activities
- FREE PARKING!
- Cleanliness â€“ Please keep the area clean. Local businesses have supported this fun activity and with everyoneâ€™s help we can leave it as good as, or better, than we found it.
- Manners â€“ Rude or threatening behavior will not be tolerated. Please be courteous to one another and volunteer staff as well.
- Food â€“ Food is available in the parade staging area at Mc Donalds and from the Street Fair Food Court at the end of the parade route.
- Parade Route â€“ Starting at SW 112th St, Heading North, to SW 100th St. Leave the area via 15th for easiest departure. You can leave your car at the beginning or end of the parade route to avoid any unnecessary walking. Please do not leave valuables in your car and lock your doors. Jubilee days is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Announcerâ€™s Stage â€“ Hosted by First Choice Espresso.
- Awards â€“ Amanda Amend will contact the winners and send out the awards accordingly
- Activities â€“ The Street Fair offers food, crafts, the Kidâ€™s Center, entertainment on two stages, and the carnival.
- HAVE FUN!
For both days of the event, White Center for the Arts will have a booth in the community area where everyone can participate in a future public art project. This will be the first of many community art projects that they’ll host, and will consist of a clay mosaic.
“Do what you want with your piece of clay, sign your name or initials, and we will make sure that your piece is placed in the finished mosaic,” they say in a press release. “Fun for one and all. And you’ll be a famous artist!”
White Center for the Arts will also have a float in the parade, which starts at 1pm at the McDonalds on 16th Ave SW near 114th. They’ll be handing out candy and flyers as they float towards downtown White Center on 16th Ave SW with the rest of the crew.
“You’ve got to see what we are making this time!” adds the press release with more than just a hint of intrigue.
White Center for the Arts is hosting another Art Event this coming weekend in conjunction with Jubilee Days in the parking lot of the Skate Building on 17th Ave SW. They’ll be active for their regular hours of Saturday night from 5pm to 10pm, and encourage fairgoers to enjoy the nearby Beer Gardens, and the music flowing from the stage while you watch art in action!
For more information on WCFTA, visit their website here.
If you’d like to volunteer, click here: http://www.jubileedays.org/Volunteer.htm
If you’d like to become a sponsor, click here: http://www.jubileedays.org/2.htm
More information available at www.jubileedays.org.