"School Tools For Kids In Need" Continues Through Aug. 30th; Here's How You Can Help
Bartell Drugs and World Vision are launching their 6th annual “School Tools for Kids in Need” program, which is aimed at helping to fill the school supply needs for children in the Puget Sound area.
Here are the details:
WHAT: 6th Annual “School Tools for Kids in Need” program to collect school supplies for children in need.
WHERE: At all 56 Bartell Drug locations, including Burien’s, located at 14901 4th Ave SW; (206) 242-1201; find other locations here.
WHEN: From Monday, August 10th to Sunday, August 30th.
THE NEED: This three-week school supply drive is especially important as 58,000 local children would begin the school year without the basic school supplies needed to succeed if it weren’t for this much needed program. Teachers, whose students qualify for the free or reduced-price lunch program, are able to “shop” for school supplies for these children, all free of charge.
Basic Needs List suggestions found in Bartell’s “School Aisles” include:
- R. Geddes Crayons – 24 colors
- School Works Kids Scissors – Pointed or Blunt
- Bic Cristal or Round Stic Ink Pens – 10 pack. Blue or Black
- Elmer’s Glue – Glue-All or School Glue/4 oz. bottles
- Paper-Mate #2 Pencils – 20 count
- Avery Glue Stic/2 pack – Acid-free, photo-safe, permanent, washable
- Pentel Hi-Polymer Erasers – 3 pack
- Avery Poly Binders – 1/2″ or 1″ sizes
- Buffalo Erasers – 25 pack Cap Erasers or 4 pack Pink
- Avery Hi-Liter Markers – Yellow or Pink
PARTNERS: Bartell Drugs, World Vision and Star 101.5 FM
- Bartell Drugs will be on hand collecting school supplies at the Tacoma Rainiers “World Vision Night” game on August 21 in Tacoma.
- Seattle Storm will be helping to raise awareness of the program with discount tickets to a “Back-to-School Night” game on August 29 and an in-store sweepstakes to become a Junior Storm Assistant.