Your Empress Of Information Says: “You Can Book A Library Meeting Room Online!”
Have you visited the new Burien Library yet? Do you have a group who would like to meet at the Library? Did you know you can book a meeting room online?Â Click here to do it: www.kcls.org/meetingrooms/index.cfm. Library tours are also available for groups upon advance request â€“ callÂ 206-243-3490 for more information.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Burien Library Guild needs your help!Â We are seeking donations of used books in good condition for adults and children. Please remember us when cleaning out your closets! Your donations support the wonderful programs we are able to have at the Burien Library including our â€˜Opera Previewsâ€™ and â€˜Sing Into Readingâ€™ listed below.
You can now follow the King County Library System on Twitter!Â Check it out at www.kcls.org/usingthelibrary/widgets/ for all the details and linkage.
We have made it easy for you to keep track of your library materials, track whatâ€™s due, whatâ€™s overdue, and what items are ready for you to pick up using this new feature called â€˜Library Elfâ€™ â€“ find out how to sign up at www.kcls.org/usingthelibrary/catalog_help/library_elf.cfm.
PROGRAMS FOR ADULTS:
- Opera Preview: Wednesday, Sept. 16th beginning at 7pm â€“ “La Traviataâ€™ by Verdi, presented by Norm Hollingshead, sponsored by the Burien Library Guild.
- Burien Book Group: Wednesday Sept. 16th â€“ “Omnivoreâ€™s Dilemma: Search for a Perfect Meal in a Fast-food World” by Michael Pollan. The book group meets in the conference room on the second floor of the Burien Library beginning at 2pmâ€¦everyone is welcome
- â€˜Barking Buddha: Yoga for You and Your Dogâ€™ demonstration presented by author Brenda Bryan in conjunction with the City of Burienâ€™s â€˜Wellness Fairâ€™ Saturday, Sept. 19th at 1pm in the Burien Library.
PROGRAMS FOR TEENS & CHILDREN:
- SAT Prep: Five FREE sessions to help you prepare for the SAT. Practice exams will be scored. Participants must attend all five sessions and will receive an official SAT Study Guide. Registration is Required beginning September 5th; Saturdays Sept 26th, Oct 3, 10, 17, and 24 at 10AM; Presented by Sandwiess Test Prep.
- â€˜Sing Into Readingâ€™: Saturday Sept 12th, 10:30AM & 11:30AM; Presented by Nancy Stewart. Ages 5 and younger with a parent. Registration begins Saturday August 29th. Sponsored by the Burien Library Guild
For a complete list of programs and story time events at our libraries visit the KCLS homepage at www.kcls.org/programs/index.cfm.
“The Art of Pilgrimage: The Seekers Guide To Making Travel Sacred” by Phil Cousineau.
This beautiful little book will make you look at the way you travel in a whole new way.Â Every journey you take, be it long or short, can become a part of your personal spiritual development.Â If you are looking for a more focused or deeper meaning to your travels this lovely book will instruct and inspire.
Until next time…see you in the stacks!