EXCLUSIVE: Soon You’ll Be Able To “Eat Local” Organic, Handmade Foods In Burien

by Janet Grella
Photos by Michael Brunk

EXCLUSIVE: Eat Local owner Greg Conner has selected Burien for his stores’ second location in the greater Seattle area – he’s opening his 3500-square foot store at 810 SW 151st soon, right next to Bicycles West. His Queen Anne location has been open for three years.

Greg hopes to have Eat Local open by early fall of this year. He will also be locating Eat Local’s open kitchen in the Burien location.

Eat Local is a speciality food store, not a restaurant, or a grocery store,” explains Greg. “It’s a concept store specializing in food products purchased from local northwest organic farmers. It is also an artisan food store offering prepared meals made with seasonal, organic ingredients bought directly from local farms.

Organic farmers include:

…just to name a few.

Greg Conner is returning to his roots so you can "Eat Local."

Eat Local will be selling entrees, sides, baked goods, desserts, soups, all cooked on-site and frozen to keep the nutrients in. All the consumer has to do, is take it home and mike it (as in “microwave it“).

They will also be carrying a selection of other items, including:

Why Burien?

Greg grew up in Burien, and is a graduate of Kennedy High School. He wanted to come home to one of the best little cities in the Seattle area. I think Burien is going to just get better and better in the years to come.

If you can’t wait for the opening to enjoy their prepared food items, you’ll find them at Burien’s Thursday Farmer’s Market, which is one of four local farmer’s market selling the Eat Local products. You can also visit their location in Seattle at 2400 Queen Anne Ave. North.

For more information, visit their website here.

8 Responses to “EXCLUSIVE: Soon You’ll Be Able To “Eat Local” Organic, Handmade Foods In Burien”
  1. Tcb says:

Wow. Sounds cool. This kind of stuff I like to hear. I’ll be shopping there. I’ll bring my friends from other places who don’t have nearly the choices we have here for both chain and small Grocery stores. : ) And there are still people who haven’t been here who think it sucks here.

2. haley says:

thanks for letting us know — sounds awesome!

3. Susie says:

Sounds like somewhere I would love to shop. Good luck!

4. KSJ says:

I’ve been to the Eat Local on Queen Anne and they have fantastic food. The QA store has two walls of refrigerators and freezers packed with ready-to-eat foods sized for single, couple or four diners. The foods I tried were super fresh and tasty, and pretty healthy too.

They also have cool gifty type stuff like locally made jams and kitchen ware.

5. Peter Polson says:

Eat Local has the best prepared meals in the region. Absolutely delicious. And all prepared locally. Burien is one lucky community!

6. Winnie says:

I like the idea, but wonder why it is that organic is so expensive. I visited the QA store because I loved the concept. Once I saw that the prices are easily 10 to 15 times what the processed version at safeway cost I realize why the poor in this country are the victims of the worst diets. I am by no means poor, but could never dream of shopping for my meals here unless I was willing to forego my apartment and sleep in the local park.

7. PhillDoc says:

Cool blog as for me. I’d like to read something more about this topic.

8. Steve says:

@ Winnie-

Same here, I walked out of the Burien store just moments ago, and I have to say, it’s very disappointing to see a stark contrast between this and those commonly found in the larger stores.

I understand the value of local and organic, but these prices make for much more of a novelty than a sustainable way of life.

Sounds unrealistic to go here for the sake of saving the “local economy”. You’d better be willing to relinquish any luxuries you might have at home to become a regular customer.