Hospitality House’s “Street Walk For The Women” Is Saturday, Sept. 26th
Burien’s Hospitality House is holding a “Street Walk for the Women” fundraiser walk in downtown Burien on Saturday, Sept. 26.
Here are the details:
WHAT: Hospitality House’s 8th Annual “Street Walk for the Women” fundraiser for Homeless women.
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 26th at 10am; registration starts at 9:30am.
WHERE: Look for the Hospitality House booth at Burien Town Square near SW 152nd; you can register there, or before via online or snailmail (details below).
INFO: Have fun, win prizes and do good. The walk is a lively two miles through the heart of Burien to benefit Homeless women in South King County.
Multiply your efforts by asking friends, family, neighbors & co-workers to sponsor you with donations made to Hospitality House in your name. List them on the second/reverse page.
Hereâ€™s the plan:
- Pre-registration fee is $15 before Sept. 23rd; Same Day fee is $20; you can register online by downloading this form (PDF)
- Registration starts at 9:30am Sept. 26th at the Hospitality House table near SW 152nd at Burien Town Square; if you have sponsors, bring your completed sponsor form and money to the registration table before the walk
- Get your route map and list of Sponsors from the registration table, take time to stretch and warm up.
- Walk starts at 10am.
- Return to the stage after the walk to see if you win one of the numerous prizes. Top money raisers can select their choice of prizes.
- If you cannot participate but would like to help Hospitality House, please charge through Paypal on their website at: www.hospitalityhousesouthking.org or mail your check to:
Attn: 152nd Street Walk
15003 14th SW
Burien WA 98166
Hospitality House is a nine bed shelter for homeless women in South King County. Founded in October 2000 by 12 sponsoring churches. Our mission is to help women find Home Health and Hope Each year we (graduate) approximately 70 women from a comprehensive 90-day program designed to help residence find employment, improve their life skills , and secure a safe affordable place to call home.
How is your donated dollar spent?
- $15 registration fee will stock the refrigerator of Hospitality House with sandwich makings for one day.
- $65 pays for one night of shelter.
- $250 sponsorship pays the monthly phone bill.
- $500 Sees a residence through a two week stay
- $2000. Sponsors a resident for the entire 12 week program, preparing them for a secure and stable life.
How many have been helped?
Since 2000 more than 400 women, ages 18 to 58, have received the services of Hospitality House.
Want to find out more about Hospitality House? Visit their website at: www.hospitalityhousesouthking.org.