Less Than A Week To Go Until Burien’s First “Brat Trot” Pub Crawl & Race Fundraiser; Here’s The Schedule…
There’s less than a week to go until Olde Burien gets turned into “Von Boorianland Uber Alles” when SW 152nd will be transformed into a German village for the first-ever “Brat Trot” fundraiser race and pub crawl.
In case you haven’t heard about it, here are the basics:
The Brat Trot fundraiser race is being â€œbrautâ€ to you by The Tin Room and Dan the Sausageman with help from the good peeps who helped run the Cove to Clover Race back in March (which raised $12K), with proceeds benefiting:
But this isn’t just another fun run fundraiser folks – no, this one has a full mythology, with characters, a bizarre backstory, talking sausages and all the plot elements of a compelling rags to riches and back to rags story that can only be understood by showing up at the event(s).
Here are the details of the pre-function Pub Crawl the night before the race (Sat. Oct. 3rd):
- 6pm: Starts at The Tin Room, where youâ€™ll pick up an official crawl bib # for just $10.
- Youâ€™ll then â€œcrawlâ€ to at least five of the official local stops (see list below) for â€œcrawl drink and food specials.â€
- At each you will gather visitation stickers to qualify for a fabulous door prize drawing to be held at The Tin Room at 11pm.
- 11pm: Return to the Tin Room â€“ Burien’s own “Yodeling Dominatrix” Manuela Horn, fresh from her stint on “America’s Got Talent!” will serve as MC. Now if you missed Manuela’s family-friendly yodeling performance at Saturday’s Oktoberfest in Town Square, you’ll be happy to know that her busty, adult alter-ego will make a leather-clad and whip appearance Saturday night at 11pm at The Tin Room near the end of the Pub Crawl!
- Dress in traditional German costumes (not just a hat with feather) or come dressed as a beautiful Bratwurst (even better) and you crawl for free (well, actually youâ€™ve paid with your self respect in the case of the brat suit).
- There will be numerous specials from area business worth crawling to, such as:
- La Costa: House Margarita $4; La Costa Nachos $5.25
- Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub: Alaskan Amber $2.50; Mini corned beef sandwiches $1
- The Mark: German Beer specials; Brat & Kraut appetizers; Play “Find the Brat” (in the kraut bowl)
- Vino Bello: $5 wine tastings
- Elliott Bay Brewhouse & Pub: Happy Hour prices on beer and wine; Brat Sampler
- Bison Creek Pizza & Pub: Bud Light $2; Breadsticks & Garlic Bread $2; Chrome Molly plays (AC/DC tribute band)
- Burien Press: Free espresso shot; Art Open House
- The Hobnobber(!): Budweiser $2; Bag of Chips $1
- The House Collier Catering
- 909 Coffee & Wine
- Primo de Osteria
- Door Prizes will be provided by BTB Advertiser Highline Athletic Club
To register for the race, click here (deadline is Oct. 2nd, so act fast).
Also, on race day, a very special slate of entertainment will be performing near the Tin Room, featuring:
- The Oom Pa’s and Ma’s, rumored to be the only oom-pah band to be kicked out of an Oktoberfest at Leavenworth for public drunkenness will play at 1pm Sunday (see their MySpace page here).
- Tin Room Beer Garden
- Brat and Kraut Feed
- Pictures with Brats
- Root Beer Garden (free hotdogs and root beer for the kids)
- Special Guest MC Peter Fewing
Start/Finish and Oktoberfest Address: 923 SW 152nd Street (The Tin Room).
Please park legally on the streets in the area (please respect the neighbors).
- 11am: Pre-Reg Packet Pickup begins at the Start Line; come early – especially for relay registration
- 11:30am: Shuttle Relay Pre-Race (runners 2 and 3) begins at Start Line; Last pickup is at 12:50 pm. Shuttle Relay Post-Race (runners 1 and 2) After running your leg, relax and ride the shuttle back to the Tin Room
- 1pm: 5K Start Time
- 1:05pm: Relay Start Time
This fine fundraising event is “braut” to you by the following local sponsors (including The B-Town Blog):
For more information, read our previous coverage here:
- Register For The Brat Trot Fundraiser Before Wed., Sept. 16th And Save $$$!
- EXCLUSIVE: A Q & A With â€œBret The Bratâ€ About The Oct. 4th Brat Trot & Oct. 3rd Pub Crawl
- Highline Schools Foundation Oktoberfest Dinner, Dance & Auction Is Saturday, Oct. 10th
- Prepare For The â€œWurstâ€: First-Ever â€œBrat Trotâ€ 5K Run Is Coming Sunday, Oct. 4th; Pub Crawl Sat., Oct. 3rd