Our “Have A Heart” Food Bank Party Raised Nearly $600!
FINAL UPDATE: Our annual “Have A Heart” Food Bank Fundraiser Blog Party for the Highline Food Bank was a smashing success Tuesday night, raising nearly $600 in food donations and cash for our hungry neighbors!
Some of the highlights of the shin-dig at Tin Cellars included:
- A special guest appearance by Burien’s own Manuela Horn, known to many of our Readers as “The Yodeling Dominatrix” who performed an impromptu yodeling song, which brought the house down.
- Numerous BTB Readers dropping by to say hi and donate food or cash.
- Very generous donations from businesspeople in White Center, including Darlene Templeton from Java Joint Espresso and Brad Trusedell from Malo’s Auto Body, who donated a combined 45 items!
- Incredibly generous donations from “The Pouch Guy” (he makes handmade jewelry pouches, which make great gifts: 206-517-7797), who had to make several trips to his car to bring in all his food donations.
Our final totals were:
- Nearly 300 separate food donations
- $135 in cash donations
For a grand total of:
We’ve got a lively, generous crowd on hand, and if you’re thinking of coming down you’d better hurry, as the complimentary appetizers are going fast.
As of 6:45pm, our total donations are:
- 235 items of food (with plenty of room as we’ve got a big honkin’ barrel)
- $75 in cash donations
- 5 diapers
Total estimated value thus far:
We’ll be here all night, so if you’re hankering for some fun for a great cause, come on down – Tin Cellars is located t 923 SW 152nd in Olde Burien. Suggestion donations are 2 (or more) cans/boxes of non-perishable food, or $5 cash/check (made out to the Highline Area Food Bank).
We’ll be updating live through the night, so be sure to refresh your browser to see the latest news!