Wanna Be A Rat City Roller Girl? Here's Your Chance…
If you’ve ever dreamed of becoming a Rat City Roller Girl (and really…who hasn’t?), now’s your chance â€“ they’re looking for “fresh meat”! Beginning this Saturday, Jan. 9th, they’re inviting women who want to try out to come to their open practices, which continue on Saturday, Jan. 16th and Saturday, Feb. 6th at their training facility.
In order to qualify, you must be 21, have a “ton of chutzpah, sweat, determination and a nice smile” and be willing to devote time to practice.
According to a press release:
Wondering if you have what it takes? ….
Join us for practice from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the following Saturdays: January 9, 16 and February 6 at the Rat City training facility (â€œThe Ratâ€™s Nestâ€). Representatives from the Rat City Rollergirls Fresh Meat Committee will be on hand to answer any questions, and RCRG league members will skate along side you at practice to offer tons of tips and advice for the day of tryouts. This is your opportunity to come participate in an actual practice and drills with your future league mates. Saturday practices are open to all skaters who wish to try out, are ready to sign a liability waiver (attached) and pay a $10 (cash only) only drop in fee per session…..
Minimum requirements to be an RCRG league:
- Two to three 2-hour practices per week
- A minimum of 6 hours of committee work a month
- Timely payment of monthly dues – $35
- Timely payment of Womenâ€™s Flat Track Roller Derby Association (WFTDA)annual insurance – $5
- Proper safety gear (helmet, mouth guard, elbow pads, knee pads, wrist guards)
- Read and understand the official WFTDA derby rules – ..http://wftda.com/rules .
- Purchase of team uniform and league jersey ..
- Current primary medical insurance
- You will willingly adhere to the RCRG Skater Code of Conduct
- 21 years of age
- A ton of chutzpah, sweat, determination and a nice smile ….
Have questions or ready to get signed up for tryouts? Please e-mail [email protected] to RSVP.
Additional details will be emailed upon completed registration.
For more info, check out their website here.