Cops Bust Men Responsible For Takeover Robberies, Including SeaTac Casino
The King County Sheriff’s Department announced Tuesday (Jan. 19th) that they have arrested two men they allege had committed numerous “takeover” robberies, including the Jan. 13th one of the Silver Dollar Casino in SeaTac.
The men were alleged to be involved in robberies of casinos, a bank, and a check cashing business in SeaTac, Renton, Shoreline, Lynnwood and Snohomish County.
According to Sgt. John Urquhart, during these takeover robberies, the men would typically wear masks and gloves, as well as often carrying shotguns in each hand. These types of crimes are dramatic, and are considered especially dangerous to victims, witnesses and bystanders.
The two bad guys were arrested Friday morning (Jan. 15th) around 1:45am, after a Shoreline patrol sergeant noticed a suspicious vehicle parked near two casinos on N. 167th. He pulled in behind the car and the driver quickly drove off. A short pursuit ensued until the sergeant used a PIT maneuver and the car was stopped near NE 163rd and Ashworth. The driver took off running and the passenger was taken into custody. The arrested man is 46 years old from Seattle.
The driver initially escaped, but evidence recovered led detectives to believe these two were involved in numerous armed robberies.
After further investigation, the second man was arrested at his home in Edmonds late Friday afternoon. He is 34 years old.
Detectives from at least four jurisdictions were looking for these two armed robbers who â€œtakeoverâ€ the business being robbed.
Takeover-style robberies are considered especially dangerous to victims, witnesses, and bystanders. These robbers are considered armed and dangerous!
In some of the robberies one of the suspects carries a shotgun in one hand and a shotgun the other.
Robbery Details: Both robbers wore masks and gloves. A puffy black jacket was worn in several of the robberies. One of the robbers fires his gun into the air during two of the robberies.
Here’s the dates and locations of the robberies:
- October 26th 1:40pm. Check to Cash in Renton on Rainier Ave South. A shotgun and pistol were displayed.
- October 29th 3:00pm. Bank of America in Lynnwood along SW 196th. One suspect has guns in both hands, a shotgun and pistol. The other man is armed â€œonlyâ€ with a pistol. A shot is fired as they exit the bank.
- November 13th 6:30am. Goldieâ€™s Casino in Shoreline. Only one suspect inside the casino, armed with a shotgun and pistol. He robs the casinoâ€™s cash cage and gets into a waiting vehicle driven by another suspect. A shot is fired as he flees the area.
- December 2nd 7:00pm. Royal Casino, Snohomish County, along SR99. Lone robber armed with a shotgun and pistol.
- January 13th 5:00am. Silver Dollar Casino, City of SeaTac along International Blvd. Two suspects, one armed with a shotgun and pistol, the other with a pistol.
In addition, other area robberies may be related but have not yet been linked.
Formal charges are expected later this week.
Here’s surveillance video from Goldie’s Casino of these robbers in action: