"Upchuck" Benefit For Families & Friends Of Violent Crimes Victims Is Feb. 20th
The third annual “UpChuck” memorial, named after the late Charles “UpChuck” Moore, will be Saturday, Feb. 20th at The Barrel Tavern, located at 11051 First Ave South.
This annual event serves as a fundraiser for Families and Friends of Violent Crimes Victims.
Moore, also known as “UpChuck,” was tragically murdered by his stepson in 2005. He was a regular patron of The Barrel and a resident of the Top Hat neighborhood, and his picture hangs on the wall of the tavern. He is missed by all who knew and loved him.
Here’s the original (and gruesome) news story as printed in The Seattle P-I on 1/28/05:
BOULEVARD PARK — King County sheriff’s detectives believe a man who survived a stabbing acted in self-defense when he killed his half-brother.
Jason Moore, 24, was found bleeding from stab wounds outside his Boulevard Park home late Jan. 20. Inside were his father, Charles Moore, 48, and his half-brother, William Moore, 29, both dead from stab wounds.
Sheriff’s Sgt. John Urquhart said it appears that William Moore attacked his sleeping stepfather by hitting him in the head with a heavy object and stabbing him repeatedly in the neck. When Jason Moore went to investigate, his older brother stabbed him, Urquhart said. The fight moved through the house, and the younger brother managed to grab a kitchen knife and fatally stab his older brother.
Here are the details:
WHAT: The Apple Dumpling Gang Motorcycle Club and The Barrel Tavern present the 3rd Annual Charles Moore Benefit for Families and Friends of Violent Crimes Victims
WHEN: Saturday, February 20th, starting at 2pm at the Auburn Eagles Hall.
- 2 p.m. Meet & leave from Auburn Eagles, located at 702 M Ste SE, Auburn, WA (253-833-2298)
- Ride through Tahoma National Cemetery, located at 18600 SE 240th St, Kent, Wa 98042
- Ending at: The Barrel, located at 11051 1st Ave S. Seattle, (206-244-7390)
INFO: The run leaves the Auburn Eagles at 2pm, with a ride through the Tahoma National Cemetery, then back to the Barrel around 3:30pm.
- Door prizes will start being given away around 4pm.
- There will be ribs, spaghetti, Caesar salad and garlic bread for $10 a plate.
- Silent auction until about 7pm.
- Then at or about 7pm we will draw the 50/50 winner, followed by a raffle for a trip to Reno.
- Music will begin at 8pm with The Billy Shew Band.
- All proceeds go to the charity.
Grand Prize will be a trip to Reno.