Burien’s Para Los NiÃ±os  is seeking to hire an “imaginative, friendly, out-going and compassionate bi-lingual teacher,” for a part-time contract tutoring children ages 7 to 19 from within the Highline School District.
If you’re not familiar with Para Los NiÃ±os , it’s “a grassroots community organization founded by members of the community it servesâ€”the growing immigrant, Spanish-speaking population in South King County. Para Los NiÃ±os builds a healthy community with a focus on Latino immigrants. It supports holistic, family-based educational opportunities and builds lasting community networks.”
The job pays $13 – $15 per hour DOE, and here’s the full listing:
Facebook Twitter Subscribe 
â€œFostering academic success for every Latino student through parent and community involvement.â€
Para Los Ninos has a part-time contract opportunity for an imaginative, friendly, out-going and compassionate bi-lingual teacher. â€¨â€¨Para Los Ninos is offering after school tutoring for children ages 7 â€“ 19 years old from within the Highline School District. â€¨â€¨The hours available are Monday and Wednesday, 5:30 to 8:30 pm and Friday 12:30 to 3:30 pm.
The candidate will be responsible for homework tutoring as well as a Spanish Literacy component, in an effort to maintain (or increase) the newly arrived immigrants understanding and fluency in both English AND Spanish. â€¨â€¨The position responsibilities include:
- Conduct ongoing outreach to students and families identified by the DISTRICT
- Provide tutoring to children from within specific schools in Highline School District.
- Provide monthly reporting on the attendance to tutoring
- Develop and maintain contact with studentsâ€™ teachers and families
- Provide pre and post assessment data as determined with the Highline School District to demonstrate student growth in the English language as well as Mathematics and Reading.
- Provide requested information for reporting on the Immigrant Competitive Grant by dates assigned
- Provide 1.5 hours of weekly English tutoring for a minimum of 15 students meeting the qualifications defined by the Immigrant Competitive Grant during at least 15 weeks during the 2009-2010 academic year
- Provide 1.5 hours of weekly Spanish tutoring classes for a minimum of 15 students meeting the qualifications defined by the Immigrant Competitive Grant during at least 15 weeks during the 2009-2010 academic year
This a CONTRACT PART – TIME POSITION.
- Bi-Lingual Spanish and English are required!!
- Must have or be in the process of attaining Teaching Certification in the state of Washington
- It is possible to consider Experience in Education over post-secondary Educationâ€¨Reliable Transportation is required.
To inquire or submit your resume, please email [email protected]  or call 206-241-7900 ext 17.
4 – 5 month contract